I'VE never been one to sit on the fence.

Even if that means upsetting a mate, I'll tell it straight.

I'd like to think I'm pals with both Neil Lennon and Ally McCoist, so this week's events make this column a tricky one to write.

That will NEVER stop me being honest.

I simply can't understand why the SFA let Coisty off the hook.

The SFA reckon there's not a case to answer. Sorry, but that's just miles out.

There IS a case to answer. McCoist was the one who initiated the bust-up with Neil Lennon, he sparked it.

What he said has nothing to do with anyone else. He'll take that to the grave.

Let's not forget HE was the one who whispered something in Lenny's ear.

That's why Lenny reacted the way he did.

McCoist should have been banned the way Lennon was.

He was hit with a four-game ban after being sent to the stand at Tynecastle.

Why, therefore, not the same punishment for Coisty?

Then there's El Hadji-Diouf. The boy reacted in totally the wrong way having been sent off in that Old Firm game.

Why wasn't he down the tunnel having a shower?

Rangers had just been dumped out of the Cup, but he decides to take his shirt off and chuck it into the fans.

As I said at the time I'd have thrown it back it if I was a Rangers fan.

Diouf was on his own at this point, there was no one else in sight.

He should have been keeping his head down? Why wasn't he consoling his team-mates after they had just lost a really important game.

Diouf shouldn't have been anywhere near those fans after being sent off.

Before that he had barged the Celtic physio for no good reason.

Then he started a row with Neil Lennon - again for no good reason.

To get away with a �£5,000 fine is a disgrace. That won't hurt him. Diouf is a millionaire, he won't exactly miss the money he's been fined by the SFA.

The only way to hurt guys like him is suspending him from games. By hurting him, you hurt Rangers.

He should have been banned.

As for Madjid Bougherra? If you raise your hands to a match official you should be punished. End of.

I still have no idea what he was trying to do.

His hands were all over the ref. You can't do that.

In all my time as a player, I never made contact with a referee of a linesman. You just can't do it.

It's totally disrepectful to the ref.

The players were behaving like THUGS in a Sunday League game.

They were playing in front of millions of people and a full house at Celtic Park.

The whole world was watching and they acted like thugs. I bet Walter Smith slated them when they got in the dressing room but that doesn't warrant them getting off so lightly.

Yet somehow, both Diouf and Bougherra got off scot free.

Once again people will be asking if there's a conspiracy.

Once again, I'll say yes there is. Bougherra should have been given a three-game ban, just like Lennon got when he barged towards Stuart Dougal in 2005.

Why hasn't he? I will tell you why.

It's because this is a particularly tough time of the season for Rangers.

They have got a lot of games in a short space of time. It's a massive time in their history.

Walter Smith would love to win the title in his last season, leave with three in a row. The SFA have obviously put two and two together and realised suspending these two major players for the run-in would really hamper Rangers.

Instead, they have fined the players and let Coisty off the hook.

Rangers have got off scot free. That's my opinion.

I'm saying all this without my Celtic hat on, trust me.

It's got nothing to do with scoring over 100 goals for the Hoops. I just don't know what else people are meant to think. If you punish one side, then surely you also have to punish the other?

Believe me, I'd be saying the exact same thing if the tables were turned.

Why can't we simply have some consistency?

I'll tell you what it is. Rangers are the Manchester United of Scotland.

The FA down there are scared stiff of Fergie.

Wayne Rooney smashes James McCarthy over the head with a vicious elbow and gets away with it. Then he swears into a camera and they feel they have to act because they are right up against it.

If there's no pressure, they won't act and it's exactly the same with Rangers.

It would have been really interesting to see what would have happened if it had been a Celtic player.

People say these things balance themselves out.

From what I can see, that's not the case because the SFA have done it again.

Look at the St Johnstone game against Celtic.

Referee Iain Brines should be embarrassed with that display. How did he not give a penalty after big Michael Duberry handled TWICE?

Imagine St Johnstone went up the park after that and scored? All of a sudden the title would be right back in the balance.

Brines was absolutely awful on Tuesday night.

If you are a player, you analyse your game.

You ask the gaffer for the video and have a look at your performance. Brines has to watch his performance, and he has to be ashamed with it, because he was just completely out of touch.

The decisions he got wrong were a disgrace.

The penalty, the Scott Brown foul in the first half. How he got off with that I'll never know.

Then there was the Duberry two-footed lunge that deserved a red card.

That was a potential leg-breaker, yet he escaped.

Aside from all that, even in general play he was terrible.

All it's done is give people even more reason to believe there is a conspiracy.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3526464/SFA-are-scared-stiff-of-Rangers.html#ixzz1JRt8QVFA

Pish talk. You have to love the way that every single commentator seems to be ASSUMING that Mccoist must have said something to Lennon to instigate it. I think he did too but the SFA have to act on FACTS. Fact is McCoist was in no way aggressive in manner towards Lennon. Lennon, however, was blatantly aggressive towards McCoist.

Same with McBride - he says that McCoist "must have said something to spark Lennon" - really ? The same Neil Lennon that has NEVER, EVER needed anyone to do something to spark him into lunacy ? Give me a break.

Fact is, McCoist was cool, calm and collected in his demeanour regardless of what he said to Lennon. On video evidence McCoist did nothing wrong. On video evidence Lennon was blatantly aggressive in manner.

It isnt that difficult, surely not even for a QC to understand. Lets put it this way, if McBride is a defense QC he would absolutely have no problem in getting McCoist off the hook for that incident. He would have a far tougher time doing so with Lennon due to his actions.

Awww FFS, Hartson..... get your head out of the clouds. "Then he started an argument with Lennon" - buy a pair of specs ya diddy. The argument was undoubtedly instigated by Lennon.

I could go on and on and on with this pish - cant be bothered though.

Pish talk. You have to love the way that every single commentator seems to be ASSUMING that Mccoist must have said something to Lennon to instigate it. I think he did too but the SFA have to act on FACTS. Fact is McCoist was in no way aggressive in manner towards Lennon. Lennon, however, was blatantly aggressive towards McCoist.

Same with McBride - he says that McCoist "must have said something to spark Lennon" - really ? The same Neil Lennon that has NEVER, EVER needed anyone to do something to spark him into lunacy ? Give me a break.

Fact is, McCoist was cool, calm and collected in his demeanour regardless of what he said to Lennon. On video evidence McCoist did nothing wrong. On video evidence Lennon was blatantly aggressive in manner.

It isnt that difficult, surely not even for a QC to understand. Lets put it this way, if McBride is a defense QC he would absolutely have no problem in getting McCoist off the hook for that incident. He would have a far tougher time doing so with Lennon due to his actions.

I'm sure when anybody is standing in the dock the judge/jury would want to know the persons past history before making judgement???

I'm saying all this without my Celtic hat on, trust me.

It's got nothing to do with scoring over 100 goals for the Hoops. I just don't know what else people are meant to think. If you punish one side, then surely you also have to punish the other?

Believe me, I'd be saying the exact same thing if the tables were turned.

How can anyone believe anyone who sings songs of support for the IRA. Piss off back to Wales ya dick.

Good point Ian. What is being completely forgotten in all of this are a couple of very important, salient facts.

1. Lennon accepted his ban and did not appeal.

2. McCoist was a first offender, Lennon was not.

3. McCoist actually DID receive a ban - however, he subsequently appealed and won that appeal. Had Lennon appealed.... he may have seen his ban reduced - nothing to do with conspiracy by the fact that Lennon, under advisement of his QC, didnt appeal.

This, more and more, looks like sour grapes from McBride because he, and Celtic, and Lennon, thought that they had outsmarted the system by accepting the ban, to then use the "concurrently" loophole - only to now find out that had they appealed in the first instance Lennon may have had his ban quashed anyway.

Look John,I know,and everybody knows,the pain you are all feeling right now,it's tough,it's hard to take,but just relax,take deep breaths and count to ten.

Feeling better John?, right,here's the facts, your wee buddy Lennon is a complete and utter turd with a history of agressive behaviour and his anger will be triggered by the slightest thing,he's on the edge,whereas Mr Mcoist is such a pleasant,funny,good natured angel and his history all through his playing career and as a top sky sports summariser tells you what a decent bloke he is and would never harm anyone or cause trouble,he's also a good and practising christian. All he probably said to Lennon was thanks for a good game and I'll see you next time.

There,feel better now John?.