It has been claimed that FARE. which is headed up by Piara Powar, are the organisation which reported the Rangers support to UEFA.

Piara Powar was previously at Kick It Out, and I thought that it may be interesting to look at a couple of issues that occurred when he was at KIO.

June 2007 - their newsletter has the following - "It has taken 25 years for a professional Jewish Football League player to break through - so meet Joe Jacobson, proof that this community does not stop at owning clubs and trading players."

It seems that Piara Powar has no problem with stereotyping Jewish people as club owners and agents. I would have thought that an anti-racism charity would have issues with stereotyping based on religion, but perhaps it's OK.

October 2008 - Rangers introduce a programme to educate girls in India. A worthy cause and quite correctly reported by KIO, but unfortuately they could not resist a dig at the Rangers support, turning a positive into a negative. "Rangers FC might have a following that is not afraid of singing

offensive songs in Scotland, but in India the club are working with UNICEF to help educate girls in poverty."

Every football club's fans sing offensive songs but Rangers were obviously singled out by him, although he did not clarify which songs that were being referred to when questioned on this.

It is quite sick to use a children's charity issue to have a dig at a particular support, but Piara didn't seem to have an issue with it as it wasn't "incorrect".

Edited by Bluedell
The charity work was in India, not Europe.

Guest Dutchy

I certainly think there should be some clarification on what can and what cannot be sung. Otherwise, these attacks will go on and on as no one with a religios agenda ever gives up. They have faith, and that faith is uncompromisingly solid.

God help us, lol lol lol

Has anyone from FARE made any comment? I agree that their fingerprints may be all over the smoking gun, but, this is a story that must have legs, there must be media interest. Too many negatives are coming out at the same time about Rangers, somebody is coordinating this. I would expect the media to be looking at this angle, maybe I'm just an optimist.

From a poster on RM:

I took the trouble to call the advertised UK contact for FARE: If You See or Hear any Racism call us on 0800 16 99 414

I spoke to a charming and very helpful young lady called Pamela in accounts.

I asked to speak to Piara Power. But, that’s not possible. Because, as Pamela informed me:

“Piara Power is no longer the director for kickitout. He left in June 2010 and we have been trying to get both FARE and kickitout to correct the information on their web-sites for the best part of a year.”

She confirmed their new director of operations is one Alison Vaughan, but she cannot be contacted as she is out of the country. In fact, there’s no one else in the office at all today. Pamela added that kickitout have no role in Scotland at all as they are funded to operate in England by the FA, the PFA and there Premier League.

I’m no journalist, but this young lady is blabbing like a stool pigeon. She admits, for example, that kickitout are suffering badly from perception of bias as a result of Power’s wife being linked to Celtc. I was genuinely surprised to learn that she knew all about this.

Perhaps someone else with a better journalistic bent than I could call and dig deeper before that door is closed.

Finally - kickitout are suffering because, as Pamela pointed out, the calls are increasing in volume and they now have ‘hundreds of emails on this subject’.

Pamela added that kickitout have no role in Scotland at all as they are funded to operate in England by the FA, the PFA and there Premier League.

Obviously untrue given their comments in the OP and they have also got involved with the Rangers on other issues in the past.

She confirmed their new director of operations is one Alison Vaughan, but she cannot be contacted as she is out of the country.

Kick It Out is currently seeking a Temporary General Manager to lead the organisation whilst the Interim Director is on maternity leave.

Temporary General Manager – Job Description

(to provide maternity cover from June/July 2011 – February 2012)

Salary: �£38K (pro rata) negotiable

Reporting to: Chair of Trustees

Kick It Out is currently seeking a Temporary General Manager to lead the organisation whilst the Interim Director is on maternity leave.

Temporary General Manager ââ?¬â?? Job Description

(to provide maternity cover from June/July 2011 ââ?¬â?? February 2012)

Salary: �£38K (pro rata) negotiable

Reporting to: Chair of Trustees

Gi's a job :thup: