Guest Dutchy

Just been reading Leggo this morning and I'm at a loss to see why Rangers can't get this punishment overturned due to an opposite and equally corrupt attack by this organization. Maybe not the oraganization itself, just the folk that run it.

Here's a wee link I got from another forum I've heard many thing late at night on the radio saying why folks have had to leave Scotland.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6926797.ece

Guest Mad Max

She said: "I've always had an affection for the underdog. But it never was going to be Rangers anyway - not since my schooldays when I remember these older guys coming to the school gates wearing Rangers tops and handing out leaflets supporting the BNP."

Interesting comment from Mir....I went to the same school Bearsden Academy and don't recall this. Also the BNP did not exist when she was at school it was the NF.

My folks are from India and I'm proud to be an Indian - Brit.

Mir did not take to kindly to some of my tweets to her after India beat Pakistan in the cricket and the cup final. I told how great it was to see a number of fellow asians in the gers end which she ignored.

I'm fed up with our great club being accused of having racist fans. I've been abused by many people in my life and it has nothing to do with football. There are idiots in every stadium in the UK & Europe.

She is a bitter "lady" and the club need to challenge her role as a employee of the BBC and relationship with Powar.

Guest Dutchy

Well Mad Max, thast's the kind of information Bain would like to hear. I myself remember the NF and associated racists being given short shrift from the fans outside Ibrox after a game and although you will always 'catch' some racist in a large crowd, which is why they do it, Rangers fans at heart are not outwardly racists. Nor bigots, although there may be a bigger problem there due to Scottish/Irish history, unfortunately.

Well Mad Max, thast's the kind of information Bain would like to hear. I myself remember the NF and associated racists being given short shrift from the fans outside Ibrox after a game and although you will always 'catch' some racist in a large crowd, which is why they do it, Rangers fans at heart are not outwardly racists. Nor bigots, although there may be a bigger problem there due to Scottish/Irish history, unfortunately.

If you get a group of 40-50,000 people there are going to be a huge variety of people with massively varying view points and outlooks on life. That's in any large group of people, not just football fans.

I don't know how you can hate a team for having members of political parties as supporters. I'm sure if you take BNP as an example, most of the men will support one team or another - does that mean we should hate those teams? If at least one BNP member supports Celtic will Mir start hating them?

Of course it's all a big lie designed to stain the name of Rangers but even if it was true, what is actually worse, a club who have a few supporters who who are actively in the BNP who want to use political means to make Britain more British (and who for the most part are invisible), or a club who have a massive number of supporters who actively support and sing praise of a terrorist group who are intent on killing and maiming innocent, British people to try and get their way?

I don't like the BNP but they are a bunch of boy scouts compared to the Irish terrorists. Mote and beam once again.

Guest alliz
Tne BNP did sell their paper at Ibrox on match days for a few seasons

I have seen them at Ibrox but they

moved on - think they targeted us thinking our fans would be receptive, thank goodness they were not. Probably move on to the banana throwing republic across the city

I have seen them at Ibrox but they

moved on - think they targeted us thinking our fans would be receptive, thank goodness they were not. Probably move on to the banana throwing republic across the city

I know a few of the lads that sold it. It was round the corner from Ibrox underground on the path up to the Copland rd stand