Rangers director Paul Murray reveals rival deal to buy club as Craig Whyte bid falter

Surely if this cash is there now then these buffoons are in dereliction of there directorial responsibilities? They have left us to suffer repeatedly in the media with no comment in defence, the stadium is need of repair and now the lack of clarity in this sale is going to have supporters unsure of whether to renew season books. None of these actions are safe guarding the clubs future, the main responsibility of the board.

The self preservation society indeed.

Absolutely not, in my opinion at least.

If this director (and presumably those behind him backing him financially) has 25 million in cash available has absolutely no bearing on their directorial duties. There is absolutely no requirement of a director to financially support the club simply because it has been run into the ground. They have no financial obligation to support the club.

Now.... if you want to cast aspersions about them being derelict in their duties in allowing the club to be run into the ground.... that is an entirely different question and my response would be different. But there is no duty to financially support the club as a director.

If the full board were in attendance at Tannadice last night then I assume they are all meeting today or at least in the next couple of days.

There's plenty to discuss and they aren't all in town often.

Possibly a public show of unity for the partial rejection of the Whyte bid.

Possibly a public show of unity for the partial rejection of the Whyte bid.

More than likely but if they are serious about this other investment they better get a shift on.

Do you know if Paul Murray is on good terms with SDM as I believe King and SDM are not best of friends.

More than likely but if they are serious about this other investment they better get a shift on.

Do you know if Paul Murray is on good terms with SDM as I believe King and SDM are not best of friends.

Our owner will speak to anyone who he feels he can get a good deal from.

I'd fancy these people may have 6 weeks to make their play if serious. As long as it takes to remove them via an EGM apparently.... :whistle:;)

Absolutely not, in my opinion at least.

If this director (and presumably those behind him backing him financially) has 25 million in cash available has absolutely no bearing on their directorial duties. There is absolutely no requirement of a director to financially support the club simply because it has been run into the ground. They have no financial obligation to support the club.

Now.... if you want to cast aspersions about them being derelict in their duties in allowing the club to be run into the ground.... that is an entirely different question and my response would be different. But there is no duty to financially support the club as a director.

What about their moral responsibility to Rangers Craig, could you do little in the way of encouraging this King consortium to show their hand much earlier in the negotiations and maybe help the club financially quicker than has been done to date, then say but i have no legal requirement to so. Sorry but as a Rangers man i say that approach by them (the board) does not wash with me.