Rangers director Paul Murray reveals rival deal to buy club as Craig Whyte bid falter

Unless I am mistaken, the Champion still drops into the group stage, while we do not have the runners-up going into the qualifiers. Or have the champions dropped into the qualifiers while the runners-up drop out alltogether? A touch harsh ... then again, not unlike the favouritism of UEFA with regard to the big nations of European footie.

I believe that Scotland, as they are now 16th ranked, only have one spot in the CL and their team has to go through 2 rounds before the CL group stages.

Unless I am mistaken, the Champion still drops into the group stage, while we do not have the runners-up going into the qualifiers. Or have the champions dropped into the qualifiers while the runners-up drop out alltogether? A touch harsh ... then again, not unlike the favouritism of UEFA with regard to the big nations of European footie.

See post below

Edited by rbr

Rank /

Association Champions League Europa League

Group NCQ4 NCQ3 CHQ4 CHQ3 Q2 Q1 Group Q4 Q3 Q2 Q1

TH

(5 x NCQ4)

(5 x CHQ4) (5 x NCQ3) (10 x CHQ3) (17 x Q2) (3 x Q1) TH

(5 x NCQ4)

(5 x CHQ4)

(37 x Q4) (5 x NCQ3)

(10 x CHQ3)

(35 x Q3) (40 x Q2) (27 x Q1) 3 x FP

1 Eng CH,N2,N3 N4 CW,N5 N6

2 Esp CH,N2,N3 N4 CW,N5 N6

3 Ita CH,N2,N3 N4 CW,N5 N6

4 Ger CH,N2 N3 CW,N4 N5

5 Fra CH,N2 N3 CW,N4 N5

6 Rus CH,N2 N3 CW,N4 N5

7 Ukr CH N2 CW,N3 N4 N5

8 Rom CH N2 CW,N3 N4 N5

9 Por CH N2 CW,N3 N4 N5

10 Ned CH N2 CW N3 N4

11 Tur CH N2 CW N3 N4

12 Gre CH N2 CW N3 N4

13 Sui N2 CH CW N3 N4

14 Bel N2 CH CW N3 N4

15 Den N2 CH CW N3 N4

16 Sco CH CW,N2 N3

SO basically Scotland's champs enter at the second last qualifying round , but the teams are from 16th and upwards so no English , Spanish etc

I think people are quite naive to think Murrays bid is the best.

Whyte is clearing the debt of �£19 mil .... the other bid is not.

Whyte could say well hold on...I'll not clear debt either and I'll throw an extra �£20 mil into budget?

That would be lunacy...We need our initial mess cleared up first before we start splashing the cash again.(if ever)

How do you know this ? Whyte's camp are saying they have the funds. The Board are saying it looks like they may not. None of us truly know which is correct.

So whilst you could say people are being naive to believe Murray's bid is best I think it is just as justifiable for those same people to say it is naive for people to think Whyte's might be best.

None of us know. It is a wait and see scenario, sadly.

We still now very little about what's gone on behind the scenes over the last few years and we know nothing of the details of the bid(s) and their plans for the club.

That said, I'd be really angry and depressed if the good work (for that's what I think it is, particularly as its been done while enjoying continued success on the pitch) in reducing the wage bill, debt, outgoings etc was all for nothing. I really think we've dodged a bullet (or 20) by having the management and players winning trophies while all this was going on around them.

I could be very naive here, but I still think a well-run club of our size should be able to have a middle-ground business plan where we have a sensible wage structure, modest funds for player purchases and a squad supplemented with younger players coming through the ranks who, if sold, generate funds to be reinvested. Even based on no CL income as a worst-case, surely we should be able to manage this?

We would need to get Donald Muir back on board then or somebody else of his ability as it was mostly down to him that the debt came down so fast. The rest of the board worked with Murray to see it climbing not only once but twice. AJ may be exonerated as he may not have been on board at the time.