Neil Lennon Twitter prank leaves man in fear of safety

A JOINER has fled his home after receiving dozens of threats over a sectarian message about Celtic manager Neil Lennon which ended up on his firm's website.

Jim Hardie, 46, said his life had been an "absolute nightmare" for the last four days after a sick prank by one of his son's friends.

Celtic fans have since put the offending webpage onto supporters' online discussion boards, with some talking about seeking retribution as tensions run high ahead of tomorrow's Old Firm derby.

Mr Hardie told today how he had decided to leave his home in Penicuik, and travel to the north of Scotland for a few days after saying the "hellish" ordeal had left him feeling "sick".

His son James' iPhone was taken by a friend who posted a message on the teenager's Twitter account reading "to the absolute legend for trying to kill Neil Lennon <3". The symbol represents a heart.

But the Twitter feed was somehow posted up on Mr Hardie's business site, which contains his home and mobile phone numbers, as well as his family's address.

Mr Hardie said he had received around a dozen e-mails stating, "We know where you live", and "Don't go to sleep", along with nearly 30 phone calls and texts.

He said: "It's just been hellish. I've been looking over my shoulder and wondering what is going to happen next. It's left me afraid to answer the phone."

Police said they had concluded Mr Hardie was the victim of a "mindless, immature prank", and were continuing to investigate the incident.

Mr Hardie, who has run his joinery business for 13 years, said: "My son had been playing football and left his phone in his shoe. Someone I would loosely call his friend decided it would be a 'laugh' to put a message on his Twitter page about Neil Lennon. Whether it's due to the house wi-fi or a virus, the Twitter comments ended up on my business website.

"Ever since then it's been an absolute nightmare. I've been getting silent phone calls and threats on texts and e-mails."

Mr Hardie lives with son James, wife Fiona, 47, and daughter Rebecca, 21. His webpage is now unavailable, with a message which states that access is blocked since "viruses, worms and other malware have been found on this site".

A police spokesman said the threats being made to Mr Hardie were being investigated.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon, his QC Paul McBride and the politician Trish Godman, a Celtic supporter, were each sent a package containing improvised explosives.

A Strathclyde Police team is now hunting the bomb-maker.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Neil-Lennon-Twitter-prank-leaves.6756659.jp

A JOINER has fled his home after receiving dozens of threats over a sectarian message about Celtic manager Neil Lennon which ended up on his firm's website.

Jim Hardie, 46, said his life had been an "absolute nightmare" for the last four days after a sick prank by one of his son's friends.

Celtic fans have since put the offending webpage onto supporters' online discussion boards, with some talking about seeking retribution as tensions run high ahead of tomorrow's Old Firm derby.

Mr Hardie told today how he had decided to leave his home in Penicuik, and travel to the north of Scotland for a few days after saying the "hellish" ordeal had left him feeling "sick".

His son James' iPhone was taken by a friend who posted a message on the teenager's Twitter account reading "to the absolute legend for trying to kill Neil Lennon <3". The symbol represents a heart.

But the Twitter feed was somehow posted up on Mr Hardie's business site, which contains his home and mobile phone numbers, as well as his family's address.

Mr Hardie said he had received around a dozen e-mails stating, "We know where you live", and "Don't go to sleep", along with nearly 30 phone calls and texts.

He said: "It's just been hellish. I've been looking over my shoulder and wondering what is going to happen next. It's left me afraid to answer the phone."

Police said they had concluded Mr Hardie was the victim of a "mindless, immature prank", and were continuing to investigate the incident.

Mr Hardie, who has run his joinery business for 13 years, said: "My son had been playing football and left his phone in his shoe. Someone I would loosely call his friend decided it would be a 'laugh' to put a message on his Twitter page about Neil Lennon. Whether it's due to the house wi-fi or a virus, the Twitter comments ended up on my business website.

"Ever since then it's been an absolute nightmare. I've been getting silent phone calls and threats on texts and e-mails."

Mr Hardie lives with son James, wife Fiona, 47, and daughter Rebecca, 21. His webpage is now unavailable, with a message which states that access is blocked since "viruses, worms and other malware have been found on this site".

A police spokesman said the threats being made to Mr Hardie were being investigated.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon, his QC Paul McBride and the politician Trish Godman, a Celtic supporter, were each sent a package containing improvised explosives.

A Strathclyde Police team is now hunting the bomb-maker.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Neil-Lennon-Twitter-prank-leaves.6756659.jp

yet the celtic fans are these victims ....:shock: .... sure the record will twist it in to rangers fans calling and texting the guy