Gers fans left me in tears... I�m praying I play for Coisty next season Read more: h

HE could barely sign autographs for crying.

Vladimir Weiss had tears rolling down his face as he sat among Rangers fans on Sunday.

But it wasn't the 0-0 draw with Celtic that turned him into an emotional wreck.

It's the thought of never playing for the Ibrox club again.

Weiss, 21, joined Walter Smith's side from Manchester City at the start of the season.

But after breaking a bone in his foot last month his time at the club is effectively over.

That hasn't brought an end to his love affair with the Ibrox fans, though, as he joined them for the Old Firm title crunch.

Weiss posed for pictures and signed his name while singing 'Glasgow Rangers, champions' at the top of his voice.

But when they responded by chanting his name at half-time Vlad has revealed he completely lost it.

He told SunSport: "I never got the chance to say goodbye to the fans.

"That's one of the reasons I went to Sunday's game.

"I wanted to spend some time with them at Ibrox - show them the appreciation I have for the club.

"I left the stadium with nice memories.

"It wasn't the result we wanted. But I enjoyed being in with the supporters for an important game like that.

"I just came to Rangers looking to play football, but the club has now found a place in my heart.

"The fans were brilliant towards me and showed that at half-time at the Old Firm match.

"They were clapping their hands and singing my name - I just sat there crying.

"I know it sounds silly but that's the truth.

"It was so emotional for me and it's something I'll never forget for the rest of my life.

"People surrounded me, asking to have their picture taken with me, and that was the least I could do.

"It was just so special and although it made me cry I really enjoyed it. I went to the game with friends and we were in the corner of the stadium right beside the Celtic supporters.

"It was all good fun. If I'm honest I was kind of giving it to them a little bit.

"It was brilliant - singing 'Glasgow Rangers, champions'. I was also kissing the Rangers badge while pointing at the Celtic fans.

"I think our fans loved it but I did too."

Weiss was back in Manchester yesterday when SunSport caught up with him.

His season is over because of a fractured foot.

But the wee fella insists it would break his heart to think he will never get the chance to play for Rangers again.

He added: "Honestly, I'll never forget my time with Rangers.

"My future is uncertain at the moment.

"I have returned to Manchester City because of the foot injury I have - and who knows where I'll be playing my football next season.

"I have been told by the manager that I can return in pre-season and fight for my place.

"But we all know I need to play games next season.

"There is a lot of things I need to learn in football and I'm not going to learn them on the training pitch.

"The next year is crucial for me.

"I think I will go on loan somewhere to get games because that's what I need more than anything.

"If I return to Rangers, then great.

"But if it doesn't happen then hopefully one day in the future I will get the chance again.

"I want to go back to Ibrox at some stage in my career.

"Before I signed I didn't really follow the Scottish league. I wasn't a fan of Rangers or Celtic - but now I am.

"I'm going to be a Rangers fan for the rest of my life."

Vlad plans to return north before the end of the season and watch Rangers in action again.

He's got a vested interest.

There's a title medal at stake and he refuses to give up on it. Celtic moved into pole position in the title race after the 0-0 draw at Ibrox on Sunday.

They're one point behind the Ibrox side but crucially have a game in hand, away from home to Inverness Caley Thistle.

But Weiss insists nothing is certain yet - convinced Celts will still slip up between now and the end of the season.

He added: "I still think it's up to Rangers.

"For me the boys played better than Celtic on Sunday. They now have three hard games away from home.

"Obviously if they win all their games they'll win the league - but I don't think that will happen.

"Rangers need to go out and give everything in their games and see what happens.

"I am confident the squad is strong enough to do it.

"And I'm pretty confident Celtic will not win every game between now and the end of the season.

"For me, I'm still hoping to get a winner's medal - I still believe that can happen."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3546693/Gers-fans-left-me-in-tears-Im-praying-I-play-for-Coisty-next-season.html#ixzz1Ka2mMedh

RANGERS ace Vladimir Weiss was spoken to by cops during yesterday's Old Firm clash - after leading Ibrox fans in a singalong.

The Slovak winger - on loan from Manchester City - held up a scarf with the slogan "We Are The People" as he faced rival supporters.

But his antics were noticed by uniformed officers standing nearby who came over to speak with the crocked player near the segregation area.

Grinning Weiss later posed in a pair of Union Jack sunglasses as he joked with laughing Gers fans.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3545644/Send-for-the-Weiss-squad.html#ixzz1Kc6Afpco

VLADIMIR WEISS insists Neil Lennon's touchline antics have fired Rangers up for the title run-in.

Weiss watched Sunday's Old Firm showdown from a seat among the Ibrox fans as he continues his recovery from the broken foot that has effectively brought an early end to his season-long loan from Manchester City.

And the 21-year-old swears his team-mates will be more determined than ever to cling on to the SPL crown after Lennon's latest wind-up on Sunday.

Before disappearing up the tunnel the Celtic boss cupped two hands to his ears in a gesture of defiance to the Rangers fans who had booed him throughout.

It was his way of letting off steam after another week of trauma off the field and he insisted it was just a bit of "humour".

But Weiss is one of a number of Rangers players who have had run-ins with Lennon and he believes Walter Smith's men have just been supplied with added motivation to drag themselves over the line.

Weiss said: "It seems to me he'll do what he wants to do - nothing can stop him.

"It fires us up when we see some of the things he does - making gestures to our fans or whatever."

Weiss was involved in the tunnel flashpoint during the Scottish Cup tie which infuriated the Ibrox hierarchy in February.

Chief executive Martin Bain insisted that incident was behind the rising of tensions between the two rivals which escalated again at the replay at Parkhead when three Rangers players were sent off and Lennon clashed with Ally McCoist.

Both clubs were then dragged up to Holyrood for a shame-game summit.

Weiss, speaking for the first time about that furious bust-up, revealed he used it as his inspiration behind his match-turning cameo role in Rangers' League Cup Final victory over Celtic in March.

He said: "If I had heard him saying anything to me I would probably have said something back. But I didn't hear anything.

"It was only when I got into the dressing room that my team-mates told me something had been said. If that's how he wants to behave that's up to him.

"But the League Cup Final was payback from me to him."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2011/04/26/neil-lennon-s-touchline-antics-have-fired-us-up-for-title-run-in-says-rangers-ace-vladimir-weiss-86908-23087351/