It is difficult to guess where the funds for the investment in the team will come from, but it does seem to me that the key word is "investment". Is this not a bit like a businessman shoring up the value of his company by investing in tools for the work which will make the business more competitive? It seems akin to a takeover of a production company followed by investment in up to date tooling which raises the quality of merchandise to a new level. That surely underpins future operations as well as raising the share value?

If you bought a dilapidated house on the cheap but with a covenant to spend a (reasonable) minimum amount of money on renovations, would you not be quids in in the long run?

Even in the SPL backwater a club with a turnover like Rangers FC should be worth 55M - but even more so with almost no debt and a fresh �£30m investment in the playing staff.

The main task will be to buy wisely and concentrate on players who can realise an selling on fee in the future which is at minimum, not too much less than the original purchase, and optimistically at least a bit more. Keeping as close to that model will keep the original investment sustainable over a long period of time.

In the end, the main question is where the money will come from and it does seem unlikely that it will be all from Whyte's pockets. There must be additional investors in the wings to spread the burden of funding - unless the investors will be of the construction kind and Rangers will be benefiting from the profits of the redevelopment of the Ibrox area.

I seem to remember AJ saying that CW had admitted to not knowing the first thing about running a club. It'll be interesting to see if the Board remains the same and if not, who is brought in.

Also interesting to see how the match-day experience improves and how he approaches improving the quality of everything that the Rangers do and sell, like merchandise, food the general tattiness of the stadium etc.

There's also room to improve the operation at Murray Park as a revenue stream - we've really started bringing players through now, but it could be better still.

And yes - I agree - a better and more savvy media/PR operation would help too.

Mate with ref to the stadium. I am up at the Argyle house for lunch most tuesdays and have struck up a bit of a rapore with the stadium manager. He has never told me a thing about the take over or anything about the team as he says he knows as much as you and i.

but i did raise the point about the state of the concourses, the kiosks and the shit food. He told me Azure are spending �£1.7M of their own money on ripping out the current kiosks, putting new equipment in them as well as giving the concourses a facelift during the closed season.

I did ask him why the club are not doing this and all he said was,"Politics"

Azure have the contract at Ibrox till 2016/17

I do agree Frankie, but this has been dragging on now for at least 6 months has it not ?

All relevant questions have been answered. The Bank is happy, SDM, or the major shareholder as he is also known, is happy.

There are no others interested and CW could have walked away several times, even having spent over �£500000 on the bid so far.

At what point do we all say, ok Mr. Whyte, you now have our loyal support and we accept you have our Club's best interests at heart.

I do not want our Club to be divided in any way whatsoever with some trusting him and some not. I've had enough of that with smoke 'n' mirrors SDM.

If all the support is united then anything can be possible and I really want harmony within the support.

Rant over, anyway, I'm off to annexe Poland before teatime.

I do agree Frankie, but this has been dragging on now for at least 6 months has it not ?

All relevant questions have been answered. The Bank is happy, SDM, or the major shareholder as he is also known, is happy.

There are no others interested and CW could have walked away several times, even having spent over �£500000 on the bid so far.

At what point do we all say, ok Mr. Whyte, you now have our loyal support and we accept you have our Club's best interests at heart.

I do not want our Club to be divided in any way whatsoever with some trusting him and some not. I've had enough of that with smoke 'n' mirrors SDM.

If all the support is united then anything can be possible and I really want harmony within the support.

Rant over, anyway, I'm off to annexe Poland before teatime.

The most pertinent part of your post os that you dont want the same "smoke and mirrors" that SDM brought to us. Just how do you know you wont get that from Craig Whyte without asking him questions ?

You say "welcome him with open arms" - that is saying you dont really care whether he is smoke and mirrors. Just look at those you use to justify all relevant questions being answered..... The bank - all they want is their debt repaid. They care not about the much needed additional funding. Debt repaid means bank happy. So they are a given. SDM - he wants out, of that we all know. So long as he gets rid of RFC without additional cost to himself he will be happy to get rid. So he is pretty much a given.

Sorry but questions need answers. Craig Whyte should EXPECT questions. In fact, as a venture capitalist, he will ask tons upon tons of questions before investing into any venture capital project - so why should he expect any different from the major investors in Rangers (the fans) ??

Sorry but questions need answers. Craig Whyte should EXPECT questions. In fact, as a venture capitalist, he will ask tons upon tons of questions before investing into any venture capital project - so why should he expect any different from the major investors in Rangers (the fans) ??

As a venture capitalist he (and his backers presumably) will be looking for a substantial return on any capital committed, how he intends to get that return is perhaps the most pertinent question to be asked of him, when all said and done any return can only come out of the fans pockets.

Maybe, just maybe, he's just a Bear who wants to get us out of the Murray-mire ... ere selling us off with a touch of profit to e.g. King, once this even bigger Bear gets his house in order?

I think we're all hoping he's some sort of exiled super-fan only interested in a short spell of multi-million pound philanthropy to turn the club's fortunes around.

Unfortunately, usually such stories begin with "Once upon a time...." :(

I'm not saying Whyte is the big bad wolf - far from it actually. However, the chance he's doing this out of the good of his own heart are pretty far-fetched.

I think we're all hoping he's some sort of exiled super-fan only interested in a short spell of multi-million pound philanthropy to turn the club's fortunes around.

Unfortunately, usually such stories begin with "Once upon a time...." :(

I'm not saying Whyte is the big bad wolf - far from it actually. However, the chance he's doing this out of the good of his own heart are pretty far-fetched.

Reading between the lines Frankie You seem to have information that we don't.:admin::)

Apparently the purchase price money above is in escrow with LBG...

As such, once the deal is complete, the bank will get their cut as will Murray and then the club into their respective accounts. The escrow account will then be empty.

It will then be up to Whyte to change or close existing club bank accounts which are currently with HBOS/Lloyds.

I have no more information than anyone else mate.

Are you sure that you have no more information than anyone else? :D