The government should be releasing a statement condemning any companies who ban the flying or displaying of the flag given that it's for a Royal wedding. If they don't, then they're setting a major precedent whereby almost any company or business could ban the use of the flag without facing any consequences which is insanity.

As cal says, banning the flag also increases division, so it makes me wonder what's going on here if Royal Mail actually get away with this. To many monarchies, governments and powers, a divided society is less powerful and less likely to cause you serious problems (revolt etc) than a united society would be, especially when you're slowly but systematically taking freedom away from them. They actually want us to live in a divided, fractured society. The ancient term "divide and rule" or "divide and conquer" as it's more commonly known, isn't a concept confined to invading armies or the battlefield. It's interesting in the context we're discussing here though because it's the union flag (a British symbol of the maxim "divide and rule") which is supposedly causing offence. Either some plastic paddy arseholes are winning another victory for their cause or something altogether more sinister is at play here. I mean, Royal Mail banning the Union Flag? Is this a dream? :wtf:

This is actually starting to get out of order. I am seriously starting to fear that people are going to get hurt in the future. I fear that the troubles of Ireland could be ready to explode on the streets of Scotland God forbid it never happens and I am miles wide of the mark.

This is actually starting to get out of order. I am seriously starting to fear that people are going to get hurt in the future. I fear that the troubles of Ireland could be ready to explode on the streets of Scotland God forbid it never happens and I am miles wide of the mark.

That's what I'm thinking, the ludicrousness and sheer injustice is going to bring emotions to boiling point and there are some who can't stop themselves demonstrating their anger physically. I can also imagine an escalation of tit for tat.