From the main site. Have to say that PLG drops a bit in my estimation. I know that Letizi is his man but McGregor has done nothing to warrant being dropped.

PAUL LE GUEN has announced that Lionel Letizi will return in goal for Rangers tomorrow in place of Allan McGregor.

The Frenchman has missed the last seven matches with a calf injury, but played the Old Firm reserve game on Tuesday and has been recalled.

McGregor was an excellent replacement during this period, especially in the UEFA Cup matches against Molde, to the extent that he won the Bank of Scotland player of the month award for September.

However, Le Guen has decided that his first choice keeper will return to the side.

The manager explained: "I talked with Lionel and I talked with Allan and it's my job to make this decision. Lionel will play against Inverness.

"I have three very good goalkeepers, if you also include Stefan Klos, and there is no way I can keep them all happy.

"I knew that Allan was a good keeper and I was not surprised with the way he played. However, it's a choice for me.

"I spoke with Allan and he is not happy but I hope that he will stay respectful because he knows it's an honest decision."

The manager revealed that the game comes too soon for Lee Martin, Libor Sionko or Jeremy Clement but he may have Martin available for next week's UEFA Cup match in Livorno.

He said: "Lee will start working again next week so we will see. We will check on Jeremy too next week but we think it will be the end of the following week before he is fit again. Libor is still missing for another couple of weeks, we think."

I agree with you Stan, I feel McGregor deserves the gloves, he's been very good lately and better dealing with corners than Letizi. A bit of biased French stuff coming into play here. Then again being French in Scotland must be tough right now !

;)

This has really pissed me off. :ffs:

So thats it then, anyone outside our squad tomorrow may as well look for another club in January, because no matter what they do when they get a chance, they will be dropped as soon as PLG's preferred player gets fit again.

Wheres the incentive for the fringe players?

That's fucking shocking. Pardon my french.

And I don't think McGregor's attitude has been a problem, I think a lot of things he said have shown how badly he wants the position. He has come in and played very well, getting better with each performance and now he's dropped. Unbelievable. Its not even like Letizi has played that well when he has been. PLG has gone down in my estimation after that.

I'm a bit disappointed in the decision to be honest as well.

However, McGregor himself asked for a transfer during pre-season and as far as I know hasn't rescinded that request. Meanwhile, Letizi has been brought in for the next few years at a decent weekly wage by PLG, so the manager probably feels the need to back his own signing ahead of someone's whose future is uncertain.