Share issue for extra transfer funds?

It depends really on whether it would be solely for incoming transfers or for wages for that too. I would contribute to the latter but probably not the former. Simple reason being that we need to conduct our business within our means. So if he raised money for transfers (inclusive of wages of those players) I would contribute.

The club need a number of new faces and it would be pleasing if the fans could contribute to even just the ONE new, quality player. That said, we mustnt forget that the ST holders are already stumping up a significant amount of money each season.

The fans didnt raise a great deal of finance last time SDM underwrote a share issue - admittedly that was SDM and many were starting to portray him with less affection but it also happened at a time when the economy, and people's finances, was in better shape than it is today.

It depends really on whether it would be solely for incoming transfers or for wages for that too. I would contribute to the latter but probably not the former. Simple reason being that we need to conduct our business within our means. So if he raised money for transfers (inclusive of wages of those players) I would contribute.

The club need a number of new faces and it would be pleasing if the fans could contribute to even just the ONE new, quality player. That said, we mustnt forget that the ST holders are already stumping up a significant amount of money each season.

The fans didnt raise a great deal of finance last time SDM underwrote a share issue - admittedly that was SDM and many were starting to portray him with less affection but it also happened at a time when the economy, and people's finances, was in better shape than it is today.

Never really what about it in terms of buying a player or just wages but i think alot of people would like to get involved.

I don't believe a share issue should be for just buying players for a season or two. What happens 2 or 3 years later? Do we have another?

Share issues should be for something a lot more long term.

The trouble is that the last share issue has shown that it's just money down the drain for fans. The share price has dropped dramatically since then and the benefits to the fans for this loss in money has been zilch - with the club not even being in good financial shape before the takeover.

With zero representation you have to wonder what the hook is - apart from raising money for the club, but that has often been squandered in the past.