Attending your work without fear of attack

I'm sure that we all agree that you should be able to attend your work without fear of attack. It's disgusting when that happens.

Hopefully if you were attacked then it would be well publicised, you would receive support from the press and politicians.

Why then has there been no publicising and condemnation of the attacks by Celtic fans on police and stewards last night at Tynecastle?

I, for one, would strongly condemn the cowardly attacks by the TGFITW. I call on the press and politicans to join me in this.

And here we have one of the underlying factors in why there is such general unrest and antagonism towards Celtic and their manager.

Their supports' misdeeds constantly go without punishment or even reporting, whilst our support are never out of the firing line, and are even targetted by prejudiced lobbyists.

I am making this point in isolation, it is NOT mitigation for the intended assault on Lennon.

In almost fifty years of attending Scottish football, last night's chanting from ra Yahoos situated in the Roseburn Stand, was the worst I have heard. It began in the first minute ans was sustained with unbridled gusto until the last minute. It was the full lexicon of the IRA songbook.

Minute 2: oh ah up the ra.

Minute 4 : Roll of Honour.

Minute 7 : Boys of the Old Brigade.

Minute 11 : oh ah up the ra.

Minute 15 : oh the wee huns are shite.

Minute 22 : The Merry Ploughboy.

Minute 29 : Sean South of Garyowen.

Minute 39 : get the Brits out now.

Minute 44 : oh ah up the ra.

Minute 50 : PIRA.

Minute 53 : IRA.

Minute 55 : Never Defeat the IRA.

Minute 58 : Jim Jefferiries is a sad orange bastard.

Minute59 : oh the wee huns are shite.

Minute 64 : Fcuk the Queen, IRA all the way.

Minute 66 : Off to join the IRA.

Minute 72 : Michael Fagan shagged the Queen.

Minute 73 : go home ya huns.

Minute 79 : Go home British Soldiers.

Minute oh the wee huns are shite.

Richard Wilson wrote a reasonable article condemning the Celtic support.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/celtic/scottish-game-dealt-yet-another-sad-blow-1.1100949

Lennon landed several kicks on the grounded man before he was dragged back by Thompson and Johan Mjallby. Once the police hauled the assailant away, and some kind of order returned on the field, what suddenly reared around Tynecastle was a vicious intensity.

In the directors box, three individuals were singled out by stewards, and reacted with fury before then approaching Dr John Reid, the Celtic chairman, to smooth out whatever the disturbance had been.

Then in the away end, Celtic fans began to fight with police and stewards as some were pulled from of their seats and dragged out of one of the exits. It prompted a fierce, almost visceral chant in support of the IRA, which in turn caused a tumult around the stadium. There had been similar chants earlier, with the home fans responding by singing The Billy Boys, but that dark edge had diminished.

The tide is still strong against us but it is turning - Lennon assault or not.

Whilst not condoning what hapened to Lennon and despite all the arguments that he brings most of this oprobrium on himself, I still have the feeling that Lennon sees himself as a martyr 'for the cause' y'understand? and that this attack will be presented as an unwarranted (shome mishtake shurely?) attack on a man who is simply doing his job and doing it well. Then we'll get the usual shite about how he will not be hounded out of ra sellik, the club he loves, etc, etc. In general, he will do what he does best and appeal to the lowest common denominator (and by Christ, there's a lot of them) among the celtic support. They of course, will lap it up and swear eternal alliegance - at least until their next defeat by a lower placed club. I said to a couple of my friends this morning that both celtic and their many friends in the media would be contorting themselves to try and get the name of Rangers involved. Lo and behold, we have the once-abused boy Brazil refusing to say that Lennon's attacker was a Hearts' supporter and Mr Opus Dei himself, Nicky Campbell on Radio 5 Live saying "What's to say it was not a Rangers' supporter wearing a Hearts' scarf?" BTW, what's to say it wasn't a celtic supporter wearing a Hearts' scarf? After all, there's enough of them who don't like him either. Honestly, reason does not enter into it.

Sky News are actually reporting that there was sectarian singing at last nights game, but just a quick reference.....then back on to that poor victim Lennon. Don't condone what that Hearts fud did last night, but this whole saga has only one common denominator.

Truly Shocking as Mjalby said at the end. We’ve never seen anything like this before. Terrible. Well, apart I suppose from the Celtic fans who tried to attack Hugh Dallas on the pitch and there was the Celtic fan who attacked the AC Milan goalie, Dida…and I suppose you might need to consider the Celtic fan who tried to attack Rangers’ goalie, Ally Maxwell and the Celtic fan who attacked the Rapid Vienna ‘keeper, and….well, thinking about it there was the Celtic fan who attacked Gordon Strachan when he was a player and of course, the Celtic fans who attacked Barry Ferguson…but, Johan is absolutely right; apart from these incidents, we’ve certainly never seen anything like that before.

A clip of innocent people at their work being assaulted. :ffs:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrundercoverreporter

Far more serious than the Lennon incident but the press has largely tried to sweep it under the carpet.

thanks to Ian1964 for the link

These stewards don't deserve that,innocent people just trying to earn a few extra pounds,they probably don't even follow football. I agree BD this is far worse than what happened to TLB and should be sent to the mHedia,SFA & SPL.

Anybody got email addys for this to be sent to?.