HE scored the goals but wants no part of any glory.

Kenny Miller would be entitled to enjoy a Rangers' SPL title win as much as any Ibrox star.

As he watches his former team-mates try to seal the championship from 2,000 miles away in Turkey, the Scotland striker has revealed that he virtually feels like an outsider looking in.

Miller netted an incredible 22 goals in the first half of the season to send Walter Smith's side on their way.

He's still the top flight's top scorer and will have more than earned his winner's medal if Gers clinch the league at Rugby Park tomorrow. Miller revealed: "Seeing the boys win the league would be absolutely phenomenal. I'd be thrilled for every single one of them because they'd totally deserve it.

"I know I'd maybe be entitled to a medal because I played the required number of games.

"For me it wouldn't feel the same as last season's title win.

"I'm just being honest, I know I played a part but it's about the boys who are at the club now.

"I scored goals in the first half of the season, sure, but it's winning games now that counts. This is the stage of the season when the pressure is really on.

"If you lose your fifth or sixth game in the season you've got time to claw it back.

"It's different in April and May - that's when it's vital.

"That's why it's a strange feeling for me. I know I played a part and I'm proud of it - but I don't feel part of the squad."

Rangers could clinch the championship on Helicopter Sunday as Celtic host Motherwell on the last day of SPL action.

Miller insists he has NEVER doubted that his former team-mates could prove too strong for Neil Lennon's side.

Delighted Miller added: "When I left in January I said that the boys would see it out and I still firmly believe that.

"We're talking about a group of players who refuse to give in.

"I've been in some great dressing rooms but nothing compares to what the lads have at Murray Park. It's just the best.

"I had the most enjoyable two and a half years of my career there, that's for sure.

"It obviously helps when you're winning leagues and cups. That makes it a whole lot easier.

"The lads know what it takes to be successful, they stick together and refuse to give in to anyone. You can't buy that.

"Thing went against us at times, especially with everything the club's been through in the last few years, but the spirit on the pitch was never in question."

Miller is in no doubt why that is - the man he still calls gaffer.

He added: "It's down to the manager, definitely.

"The gaffer just seems to get the best out of people.

"I have been in squads where players aren't playing and are unhappy because of that.

"You would hear them mump and moan about the manager and that's never good for the team spirit but that never happens at Rangers.

"It was the same when Walter was in charge of Scotland, he had the knack of keeping everybody happy even if you weren't one of the boys playing.

"I don't know how he does it but he gets everyone pulling in the same direction and that's absolutely priceless when you're going for titles and trophies. If you could bottle what he has it would be worth a fortune.

"Take it from me, it was genuinely a pleasure to go into work every day at Murray Park.

"That's the way I felt about it and I know that's the way every other player at the club feels about it too.

"For me it's been a massive driving force this season that the gaffer was stepping down because it means there was a group of players who are all absolutely desperate to make sure he leaves a winner."

Miller has been glued to his TV in his Turkish apartment, watching Rangers as they try to clinch Three in a Row.

He had seen Celtic move into pole position but Miller insists he knew there was still life in Rangers' title fight when the Hoops failed to beat them at Ibrox last month.

Allan McGregor saved a late Georgios Samaras penalty, and Miller added: "For me that could turn out to be one of the key moments of the season.

"You can talk about goals scored and games won but that save from Allan could be MASSIVE.

"If that penalty goes in, the league's over.

"Had Celtic won that game it would have been very difficult for the boys to come back.

"The goalie stepped up and produced it when it counted and I just think it could be a save worth its weight in gold.

"It could be such a defining moment in the season.

"Celtic would probably have kicked on after that game had they got all three points."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3580014/Bond-of-brothers.html#ixzz1MHHEjYcO