DAVIE WEIR insists Rangers won't suffer hell on Helicopter Sunday.

Six years after Celtic came a chopper at Fir Park, Gers head to Rugby Park with their title destiny in their own hands.

Beat Kilmarnock and secure the championship. It's as straightforward as that.

With the engine purring and the rotors spinning in anticipation of more nerve-shredding last-day drama, Weir is taking nothing for granted.

The Gers skipper said: "It has happened in the past where teams have slipped up when they thought it was all wrapped up and they ended up with egg on their face.

"It is important we don't allow that to happen to us.

"We have the opportunity in our own hands now and that is all you can ask for, but there is still one game to go.

"We just have to concentrate on the job, prepare properly and give Kilmarnock the respect they deserve.

"We just have to go out and try to play as well as we can play.

"You have to put yourself under pressure, that is the nature of the game.

"I don't think there are any written rules for this situation. There are no guarantees.

"There is nothing that can prepare you for it. Everyone is different.

"The thing is when people don't expect something there is always a chance of a shock.

"It is important we don't allow that to happen at the weekend."

Weir could potentially be skipper of Rangers for the final time tomorrow.

The veteran Gers captain turned 41 in midweek and is out of contract next month.

He insists he has made NO decision on his future.

Weir added: "I don't know if it will be my last game. I don't think about it like that.

"If it is then so be it. I am not going to spend any time worrying about it.

"I am sure the result will have an impact on my decision.

"If you are successful then you will want to carry on.

"If you aren't you will question yourself. I will just have to wait and see."

What is for certain is Gers can secure three-in-a-row in gaffer Walter Smith's last game in charge.

A win over Killie will bag the title and bring a historic campaign for Gers to a glorious end. Weir knows exactly what's at stake at Rugby Park and he insists the players are desperate to ensure their boss bows out on a high.

Weir stressed: "I don't think you can put into words what Walter has done.

"We have all been speaking about it for long enough now.

"I think that there has been so much significance on this game that things won't actually hit home until after he has left Rangers.

"Then people can take into context what Walter has done over various periods of time and during different circumstances at the club. During the nine-in-a-row era he was bringing in top players, winning trophies and battling on the European front.

"He came back for a second time when Rangers were in a certain amount of disarray, had hardly won trophies and had to fight it out to finish second.

"He turned Rangers around very quickly and got them winning trophies again, competing in Europe, reaching a European final and winning the league.

"When you sit down and look at what he has done you can put his record up against anyone."

Indeed, Weir reckons Smith is up there with the true managerial greats. He added: "Walter will go down as one of the all-time Rangers greats. There is no doubt about that.

"The manager plays down his own influence on things. That is the nature of the man.

"It is no coincidence what he has done in his time here and the part he has played.

"He is the driving force behind the whole club and the team.

"I am sure he has the same influence over other aspects of the club.

"If you asked any player or member of staff they would admit he is the man who dictates what happens. Through the course of the season Walter is very straightforward and tells you like it is.

"He tells you what he expects from you and the demands of the club and the support.

"He has seen it all before and the players hang on his every word.

"We trust what he says and we try to follow it as best we can.

"He is a really great presence to have at the club and he is somebody we have been lucky to have as manager."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3580191/Rhythm-n-blues.html#ixzz1MHMr2wr4