Bluedell or another help explain.

On the 3 week delay in writing to shareholders there may be an innocent reason for it, but you have to ask why. Are there funding problems?

My take on it after having had time to think about it, is that the deadline which was initially set was completely unrealistic given that it was set for the day after tomorrow. The current board are still in place until the season ends, so if Craig Whyte plans to replace them with new people either partially or completely, then the 'new' board won't all be sitting down together until the date of the initial 16th May deadline at the earliest. Obviously Whyte has had several discussions with the current board and he'll have had discussions with any new people he's bringing in, but that doesn't constitute a new board sitting down together to thrash out a plan.

Without meaning to sound negative, I'd say that it looks like the initial announcement now being amended to push the deadline back 3 weeks can perhaps be considered as mistake No.1 because if I'm right that the 16th of May deadline was basically unrealistic, then it was a mistake. Not necessarily a particularly serious mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.

My take on it after having had time to think about it, is that the deadline which was initially set was completely unrealistic given that it was set for the day after tomorrow. The current board are still in place until the season ends, so if Craig Whyte plans to replace them with new people either partially or completely, then the 'new' board won't all be sitting down together until the date of the initial 16th May deadline at the earliest. Obviously Whyte has had several discussions with the current board and he'll have had discussions with any new people he's bringing in, but that doesn't constitute a new board sitting down together to thrash out a plan.

Without meaning to sound negative, I'd say that it looks like the initial announcement now being amended to push the deadline back 3 weeks can perhaps be considered as mistake No.1 because if I'm right that the 16th of May deadline was basically unrealistic, then it was a mistake. Not necessarily a particularly serious mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.

If you don't make mistakes you will never learn or improve.:thup:

Perhaps, but surely he knows what his outline plans are and can communicate them?

He doesn't need everything in place before making some sort of statement.

Saying that, it's no big deal. The main thing is that Ally can proceed with his plans.

Perhaps, but surely he knows what his outline plans are and can communicate them?

He doesn't need everything in place before making some sort of statement.

The change of name of the company could also have a bearing on it time-wise.

No. It's an irrelevance. A 5 minute job for someone to type out the minute of the meeting and submit the form to Companies House.

By outline plans I take it that you mean vague ideas?

I'm not sure what else anyone is expecting? Perhps that was his original plan and he's now going to give us a lot more, then kudos for that, but I'm not sure what he's going to say to the shareholders other than to confirm funding requirements. I'd have thought everything else could be done outside of a shareholder announcement, but I'm not au fait with the exact requirements.

No. It's an irrelevance. A 5 minute job for someone to type out the minute of the meeting and submit the form to Companies House.

I'm not sure what else anyone is expecting? Perhps that was his original plan and he's now going to give us a lot more, then kudos for that, but I'm not sure what he's going to say to the shareholders other than to confirm funding requirements. I'd have thought everything else could be done outside of a shareholder announcement, but I'm not au fait with the exact requirements.

Dear shareholders,

Can anyone lend me 25million pounds. Preferably 15 million up front.

Yours sincerely

Craigy baby.

:smile:

So we're not talking about something new having to go to the printers then mailed out to all the shareholders?

Like when the Yanks thought they could cure all Iraqs ills by declaring all members of the Ba'ath Party persona non grata, then couldn't find anybody to run the power or sewage systems etc raging success that was eh?

Ah, now I see you more clearly. You ARE afraid of change ... but only because you can't understand the difference between invading Iraq and re-building a football club. God help us!

Ah, now I see you more clearly. You ARE afraid of change ... but only because you can't understand the difference between invading Iraq and re-building a football club. God help us!

Mmmm Ok , I've been resisting change since we moved from Glasgow Green, it's been all downhill since....:whistle: