STEVEN DAVIS has pledged his future to Ally McCoist's new-look Rangers.

Several players could be following old gaffer Walter Smith out of the door at Ibrox - but Davis doesn't want to be one of them.

While Anthony Stokes moaned about being too tired to play for his country, Northern Ireland star Davis played his 58th game of an incredible season in the 5-0 hammering by the Republic of Ireland.

Davis is every inch a model pro and the good news for McCoist is his heart is firmly with the Three in a Row champions.

Now entering the final year of his Ibrox deal, the key midfielder said: "In the end it was a fantastic season, but at times things were a bit doom and gloom.

"Rangers had a lot of bad press, but on the pitch we kept it together and then went on to win the title.

"I don't know why I kicked on nearer the end of the season, I seemed to get fresher as the league wore on.

"Maybe European football had taken its toll on me and when that stopped it helped me get a new lease of life.

"Obviously, the League Cup Final gave me and everyone at Rangers a huge boost.

"We seemed to take it on from there and won the title too. We played some good stuff towards the end of the season and scored a lot of good goals.

"Overall it was probably the sweetest title to win. Everyone enjoys their football at the end of a season when you are playing well and winning things.

"That's the time when you have to enjoy your football.

"I'm happy at Rangers and hopefully something can get sorted.

"There are a number of players with contractual issues to be looked at, but hopefully all of then can extend their stay.

"I've said all along I'd like to stay at Rangers. But right now it's out of my hands until they offer me something.

"Ally McCoist coming in offers a new challenge for everyone although losing Walter Smith is a big blow.

"Everyone wanted Walter to stay, but Coisty is coming in with our full respect.

"Hopefully we can bring in a few new faces and can start afresh again in July.

"Things are going well at Rangers and when that's the case you definitely enjoy it."

Davis saw pal Kenny Miller quit Ibrox for incredible wages with Turkish outfit Bursaspor, but still fail to settle.

Davis added: "I've played for a couple of Premiership clubs in Aston Villa and Fulham and the grass isn't always greener on the other side. If you are happy somewhere and enjoying your football what is the reason to leave?"

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3601045/Im-with-you-Ally.html#ixzz1NQGG2K1k

Davis added: "I've played for a couple of Premiership clubs in Aston Villa and Fulham and the grass isn't always greener on the other side. If you are happy somewhere and enjoying your football what is the reason to leave?"

He's just not thinking about his family or his retirement. Think of the money he could get elsewhere.

Seriously, though, Davis, though inconsistent, is the best all round footballer we have at the club. I'm glad he's staying. Very much so.

We'd have been in no position to keep him had this issue arisen prior to take over, but we can afford to give him either the same wages again or a reasonable rise. While he had an average season, the split showed what he's all about.

Absolutely one to hold onto, plenty international and CL experience and the type of player we need to build this club around.