Whyte's blue-print for Rangers - Seven days and counting

After some much needed R&R in the Lake District (minimal mobile reception and no wireless internet was bliss after a season like no other before), I was hoping to come back from holiday to good news. Yet, instead of answers to the simple questions we asked of our new owner last month, instead the club's ongoing situation appears more like an episode of 'Lost' than the beginning of a bright, transparent future.

First, I find out of the few remaining board directors we do have, two have been suspended - Martin Bain and Donald McIntyre for alleged 'irregularities'. Next, we're told two others have been 'removed' despite one of them suggesting he'd be stepping down anyway. Finally, The Rangers FC Group Limited (formerly Wavetower) have announced a delay in a legally required shareholder 'circular' which we should have received a couple of weeks back. Add in a raft of other club changes - new corporate advisers among them, then if you weren't puzzled pre-takeover, you will be now!

It is the afore-mentioned circular (due our next Monday) that should alleviate some of the pressure on the new owner. He should take this opportunity to reveal what his plans for the club are and how he intends to finance them. As it stands he seems to be the only executive director on the board of the club (Bain and McIntyre currently don't count for obvious reasons) so who else will be joining his team? After all - it won't be long until the new season starts; 3IAR or not, we can ill-afford to delay investment into the team given we only have 18 senior players (including Ness, Hutton and Wylde)!

Indeed, until Whyte removes the mystery and uncertainty from his take-over, the negative rumours we all have heard of late will persist. Transfer policy confusion, managerial uncertainty and fiscal challenges are among them so it's disappointing that these have prevailed from pre to post-sale. What key players will be kept, what is our buying budget, is McCoist happy and how are we planning for tax outcomes?

Perhaps another surprising aspect of the above is that no-one seems to be asking these valid questions on our behalf. Former chairman Alistair Johnston has rightly been criticised for his contribution to the confusion and hearsay of the last few months but we surely ignore his request of 'vigilance' at our peril? Yes, it's a pity he wasn't very vigilant during his spell as a director but I doubt sour grapes is his reason for his continued cynicism. What say our fan groups? The Assembly etc do seem very quiet - have they even met with Whyte yet? If not, why not?

Unfortunately, as ever, there are more questions than answers for us ordinary supporters. It is extremely frustrating that we know little of our new owner's intentions for our club. Nevertheless, I think the support have been positive and accommodating while he makes himself comfortable in the custodian's chair.

It's now beyond time for Mr Whyte to reciprocate this welcome by making us comfortable also. Our patience isn't limitless.

No more waffle - definitive answers and clear strategy please. Seven days and counting.

Guest BRIANMC1

It could also be put that these delays are as much about the problems Whyte has encountered from within that surely were not expected.

The amount of negativity from people he is now the Boss of is something that had to be dealt with promptly....And was.

There could be a variety of sound reasons why the letter was delayed and I'm certainly as cynical over warnings about Whyte than the guy himself.

Monday should give us a better idea but I guess some of us won't relax until Jelavic Mk II signs for �£4million before the start of the season. ;)

legally required shareholder 'circular' which we should have received a couple of weeks back.

Is it definitely a legal requirement???

Thought I read in the Records (possibly the interview with Brian Dempsey), that it wasn't a legal requirement and that CW could opt to do nothing....However, sending out the circular was HIGHLY recommended.

Is it definitely a legal requirement???

Thought I read in the Records (possibly the interview with Brian Dempsey), that it wasn't a legal requirement and that CW could opt to do nothing....However, sending out the circular was HIGHLY recommended.

That may be the case... :)

Mr Whyte is proving to be rather elusive, and a meeting with supporters is not on his radar at the moment.

I guess he may have to wait until after this 'circular' is released but perhaps the Assembly should be looking to pressure him for a meeting.

mystery uncertainty and confusion. words that have been the norm for all bears for the past decade. Personally im fed up with AJ and his comments. If he has something to say then he should come right out and say it, not the half baked comments that add fuel to the fire.

So we have a seven day wait to see what plans our new chairman has in store for our club. That shouldnt be a problem to any of us given the fact weve been waiting ten years for change.

So im not particularly bothered......for the moment!

Good to at least see someone doing a bit of gentle prodding Frankie. In my mind it's not just about the release of the circular next week, it's about what transfer market movement we see in June as well because it would be good to see at least a couple of fresh faces before the end of June. With the SPL season starting 3 weeks into July and our Champions League campaign kicking off on the 26th or 27th of July, it would be nice to get in a couple of players and for them to have a good few weeks to settle in and get to know the squad.

So basically what I'm looking for is worthwhile transfer market dealings in June. I'm not expecting much from the circular thing at all because it's more than likely going to raise more questions than it provides answers.

We don't need promises, we need players and they had better be good.

(PS. That's the same response I gave you on another forum Frankie... The old copy & paste job you know...) :D