Leggoland: Salmond ignores pleas to act against IRA fest in Alloa

I do find it amazing that the forth-coming Sectarianism Bill is limited only to football and the internet.

I'm led to believe Christine Grahame MSP will be the convener of the lead committee of the Bill so given she was a keen defender of al-Megrahi and is extremely anti-monarchy, I doubt she'll be overly concerned about a few republican bands anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Grahame

I do find it amazing that the forth-coming Sectarianism Bill is limited only to football and the internet.

I'm led to believe Christine Grahame MSP will be the convener of the lead committee of the Bill so given she was a keen defender of al-Megrahi and is extremely anti-monarchy, I doubt she'll be overly concerned about a few republican bands anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Grahame

I've seen you mention this a few times Frankie, and it hasn't seemed to have registered among us yet.

The whole "anti-sectarian" legislation is nothing more than a carve-up and a farce.

I've seen you mention this a few times Frankie, and it hasn't seemed to have registered among us yet.

The whole "anti-sectarian" legislation is nothing more than a carve-up and a farce.

Well, the Bill is due to be introduced next Friday before being fast-tracked through the next stages in Parliament for passing in mid-July.

Only then will some people realise just how far this sham is going.

It obviously avoids dealing with the issue seriously and risk alienating a vocal section of the country. Seen as being the easiest way of avoiding addressing the apartheid education system.

It obviously avoids dealing with the issue seriously and risk alienating a vocal section of the country. Seen as being the easiest way of avoiding addressing the apartheid education system.

Indeed.

Which is why every Rangers supporter should be writing to the Justice committee MSPs asking that question. I'm hoping to have more info and best practice on this over the next couple of weeks.

Well, the Bill is due to be introduced next Friday before being fast-tracked through the next stages in Parliament for passing in mid-July.

Only then will some people realise just how far this sham is going.

Thats more than concerning. I had no idea about it.

If you say it is limited to football and the internet, how exactly does that work? We can be charged for certain posts??

Thats more than concerning. I had no idea about it.

If you say it is limited to football and the internet, how exactly does that work? We can be charged for certain posts??

Title:

Offensive Behaviour in Football and Threatening Communications Bill

There will be a dedicated Intelligence Unit set-up whose remit is likely to be to examine forums and deal with anything they deem inappropriate. Until we know the content of the Bill, obviously we can't know how far and what context this will delve into but suffice to say, big brother will be watching even closer than usual.

I remember Newsnight Scotland a few weeks ago discussing the sectarian issue, and asking if there was really a problem with it. After all, statistically we have a much bigger problem in Scotland with racism, but it never makes the headlines.

Because the OF are so big, it's made out that sectarianism is too, but it isn't.