Gersnet Investigation into new Sectarianism Bill

To be honest I have not had time to read up on what is actually in the new bill. I doubt if the Dutch Police will be waking me up and going through an extradition battle for me using the word fenian on-line.:smile:

This whole thing just seems to be a knee jerk reaction and has so many grey area's as to what will be legal and what will be illegal.

As I have not read up on it this is an uneducated view.

I wouldn't be so confident. ;)

Our government seems intent on making legal decisions for other countries on the hoof.

I wouldn't be so confident. ;)

Our government seems intent on making legal decisions for other countries on the hoof.

Maybe they will try and do a swap with me and Glenn Loovens he has been murder for years.:D

MB:

I don't doubt this is political grandstanding of the worst kind.

However, because of that, there will be pressure for this Bill to deliver results (in the short term at least). Does this mean groups like the Green Brigade with their banners of hate will finally be dealt with? No, it means daft wee 15 year old Joe Bloggs on Facebook, half-p!ssed on cheap cider as his parents neglect him will be made scapegoat.

This isn't a serious attempt to address an exaggerated social disease. This is paying lip service to the sensationalist media ( I can't even say tabloid here) who criticise one minute then count their pennies the next.

There is something shameful here. But it need not be a secret if we act together to expose it.

agreed... i have signed the online petition and am fully supportive of all efforts to challenge this piece of populist legislation...it is ill thought out and ill concieved and further demonstrates the depths the snp will plumb to cow-tow to those making the most noise about this (we know who they are) and make salmond look good in the eyes of the media....the wee pretendy parliament strikes again

I saw in the news earlier that some group (unsure who it was again) says that it is very impractical currently. I agree with the person for saying some naughty words you could end up with a criminal record and a sentence in jail. Where as some people get away with substantially worse crimes. I know we need to eradicate the problem but the legislation is going to be extremely testing and it will be hard work all round for police and judges. I have only been hearing and reading little bits haven't fully looked at your piece yet Frankie but will at some point.

Sincere well done Frankie, great effort. Have been mainly voicing my views elsewhere but wholeheartedly support your premise that this legislation is contrived, unnecessarily rushed, and entirely politically motivated - almost certainly a quid to quo for the acquiescence of certain organisations during the recent election. What a dreadfully sordid country we live in.

Government at it's worst and to put cunningham in charge defies belief. Her quote at press con " this isn't the end it's only the beginning " and " this bill is in place to guard against anti catholic anti Irish feeling says it all really. I really am afraid that the continual attack on all the things Rangers will pick up pace this season.

Anyone else think the bill is being pushed ahead so quick to help the SNP on their assault on the cesspit that is Glasgow city council hoping to hold on to the catholic votes they picked up at the parliament election, am all for a clear out at the GCC but not at Rangers expense thank you very much. This is one those times when I hate this great wee country I live in.

Will this bill mean if any fans from any Scottish club competing in Europe who revert to 'sectarian chanting' then uefa cannot fine or ban the club?

Think the point is only Rangers sing sectarian songs according to the powers that be. Will be interesting if septic fc get a run in Europe ( I know don't laugh it might happen) if fare will be on there case so quick I think not.

The chant doesn't particularly bother me, what bothers me is septic fans have managed to have some of our traditional songs banned when really it's just football rivalry trying to wind up the opposition fans.

At the rate we're going just now future 'old firm' games will be very quiet affairs - the Rangers end silent because we wont be allowed to open our mouths - and the scum end because their team will be losing 'Can you hear the Celtic sing?....'

Fuck me they'll ban that next.