Are our pre season results a reflection of Walter's past or Ally's present?

My head's hurting...

PS: I've not read either match-thread as I don't really consider friendlies worth investing a lot of time into as a fan. They're essentially meaningless. Sebo and Novo both scored as we hammered Chelsea in one, FFS! :D

Emotional? My arse, I'm not emotional - I'm flabbergasted at your brazen headedness.

Flabbergasted is an emotion. Never really thought of myself as brazen headed - because it doesn't mean anything. Unless you mean I'm the brazen head, which would be cool. Or just brazen, which is probably accurate.

But one little point - if the results of pre-season matches are so unimportant to you and others (aye right), why have you called this thread 'our pre-season results a refllection'?

Glad to see you u-turn and re-enter the fray! :D I called it that because the focus of the thread is the reaction to the results.

Methinks you're a little inconsistent...

Stop exaggerating!

Edited by bmck

My head's hurting...

PS: I've not read either match-thread as I don't really consider friendlies worth investing a lot of time into as a fan. They're essentially meaningless. Sebo and Novo both scored as we hammered Chelsea in one, FFS! :D

Welcome to the friendly-results-are-meaningless team. Grab a pitchfork.

I didnt think anyone had changed their attitude towards pre-season games. Personally I am as non-plussed about the Bochum game as I was about the Lotte game. Sure, would have been nice to win but the only time results matter, to me at least, is when they are played in a competitive game (or against Celtic... where I would want to hammer them even at tiddlywinks...).

Having concerns about defensive pairings and/or personnel is not the same thing as worrying about the result.

July 23rd. That is when results start to matter.

Me and Gav tore into the side and the result after the Lotte match, and were utterly hung by almost everyone on here for over reacting - we were mocked and ridiculed and everyone told us results in these games don't matter, it's about fitness.

You were over reacting though and you still are if you think you were 'mocked and ridiculed'. Both of you were making out and constantly repeating that we got beaten off a completely pish amature team when in actual fact they are neither pish or amature. I eventually explained in some detail that they play in a league which is like a feeder league where Bundesliga reserve squads play and that Lotte finished third in the league ahead of several high standard Bundesliga reserve teams. The Borussia Dortmund II team which is their reserves were sixth in the league, ten points behind Lotte. However, despite having taken some time to look into it, gather some facts and report back here, these facts about Lotte that I posted have pretty much been ignored with Gav still running around claiming we got beaten by an amature team even although he clearly read what I had posted. I know he was just at the wind up though because that's just Gav, but who's doing the mocking Danny? ;)

Now you lot have gone absolutely ape following the Bochum humiliation, completely flying in the face of what you said before.

Can you give specific examples? I obviously need to read these again because it seems like you're exaggerating this.

Edited by Zappa