Are our pre season results a reflection of Walter's past or Ally's present?

What's your reservations?

FlyBe to Southampton on Thursday, back Friday evening. Great old hotel at Poole harbour.

Business class to Abu Dhabi 8th August.

Albeit as a distant observer, McCoist has never convinced me he has the steel to lead Rangers. Hopefully the facts will change my mind.

FlyBe to Southampton on Thursday, back Friday evening. Great old hotel at Poole harbour.

Business class to Abu Dhabi 8th August.

Always wanted to travel business class. I think I'll sell out and become a corporate lawyer instead of a nice one so I can fly business class and also drink innocent smoothies regularly.

Albeit as a distant observer, McCoist has never convinced me he has the steel to lead Rangers. Hopefully the facts will change my mind.

I think this fear's underpinning most of what's being said - and it's clearly a fear WS wanted to lay to rest with all the "Ally's got a mean streak" stuff we were hearing at the end of the season. I hope this year's not a hard lesson for McCoist for learning it's better to be feared than loved if you can't have both. It's difficult to pre-judge though - guess we'll find out when the pressure's really on.

It's also difficult as he was brought in to inject spirit into the squad and dressing room, among other things. Since almost everyone is still here they're probably going to have to adjust to seeing him play this role to seeing him as the top boss. But if what we hear is right he's been making this transition for a while - his apprenticeship will have certainly given him the best possible grounding.

Edited by bmck

The doubt is how McCoist will cope when things turn to shit and there's no one else there to take the strain. That's when he'll need steel, when no one loves him.

...maybe your not old enough to remember him as a player?

He got heavy stuff from the fans with no love and became a legend. Fact.

Business class is for paupers, 1st class is the way to go :D Managed to get 1st class BA back to Bermuda last month..... no better than business class to be fair.

I guess we have to hold the hope that things dont turn to shit so he doesnt have to find out :thup:

My fear is that scrotum Lennon standing with OUR SPL trophy at the end of the upcoming season.

We have a decent team but we are so threadbare and badly in need of bodies that we could find ourselves in trouble early doors with even a couple of injuries. We have a good enough team to beat any team in the SPL, but our central defence could leak goals against any team too, especially if it is Weir & Broadfoot, both too slow to partner each other.

At this moment in time it isnt so much McCoist and his managerial skill which is worrying me, nor is it the lack of a positive result in pre-season, but the current lack of decent quality within the squad in key positions. McCoist is part of that issue, but every but as much, in fact more so, will be Gordon Smith and, further, Craig Whyte.

At this point McCoist will have provided his transfer target list - it is now up to Whyte & Smith to complete some deals to get the bodies in that are needed.

The biggest issue is that our season starts July 23rd whilst the EPL (where there WILL be a number of decent loans to be had) dont start their season till August 13th - so we need to hope that we manage to navigate the first few SPL and CL games without too many dropped points (exit with respect to CL).