Gers Could Move For Miller

I'd like to see young Hemmings get a good chance this season, so.....

We brought through some very good youngsters last year, only because our squad were hit by injury...if Hemmings has ability (although I dont know much about him) then he'll come through, but if someone like Miller keeps him out then so be it.

Sure, but footballers are like that, dangle ridiculous money in front of them and it's 'fcuk you I'm off' he's no different. I think his kissing the badge for sellik when he scored against us was a good reason for never taking him back, but he tried his hardest to erase that and succeeded IMO.

There's no doubt Miller succeeded here. Although, his contribution was sometimes slightly overegged. His goals against Celtic wiped out any badge kissing. It's just while everyone else like Davis and McGregor were willing to stick it out for the cause until better circumstances arose he was very quick to jump ship and leave the only manager to make him look like a player in the lurch for a few extra bob when already super rich. Now he doesnae like it and wants back and will no doubt be rewarded, if it happens, with lots of money and a longer contract than he'll have pace. Kinda feel he has made his bed, and we need to be looking to the future. That said, his goals will help us win the league - not sure if now is the time for misplaced idealism or romanticism.

So if Miller returns to the UK before April 2012 does he have to pay half of his million quid to HMRC? What tax is he paying in Turkey?

Nah, he wouldnt have to pay half I would imagine as there is a double tax treaty between the UK and Turkey which became "in-force" on October 26, 1988........ ;)

Tax rates in Turkey are progressive, same as UK, with the upper tax rate being 35% apparently, so he will have paid a large chunk of tax already probably. Obviously depends on the contract he negotiated with Bursa but even if they are paying the tax he is likely to get credit for having paid it.

So if Miller returns to the UK before April 2012 does he have to pay half of his million quid to HMRC? What tax is he paying in Turkey?

Possible, tax rules are quite complex need to look up on it but he might get away with just his earnings during this few months coming up if he returns. Tax in Turkey I heard was 10 %

....who cares?

Tax man and MF ;)

Now now boys, play nice.

Metlika, the tax rate in Turkey is 15-35%. Miller will undoubtedly be paying at the 35% rate. Which means he would pay the differential between Turkish tax rate and UK upper tax rate due to the double tax treaty.