Penicuik v Rangers 19's

Finished 2-1 to Penicuik,could/should have maybe been more for Penicuik.

I wasn't too impressed with the Rangers youths,the big CB,{no:5},looked good,big and strong and can pass the ball. Also the Rangers LB,no:3,looked good in the second half. Sorry I don't know any of their names,I bought a programme but it wa all about Penicuik.

Was it the twins from Man City by any chance? Bright blonde hair from the photo's I have seen of them training, probably quite recognisable?

Could very well be mate,he had blonde shaved heid and a big lad, there was another guy playing up front with blonde hair,no:10 I think???

There was a wee guy,no:6,playing midfield by the name of Adam,he looked decent but got taken off a wee bit into the second half.

Edited by ian1964

Guest Dutchy

The Rangers 19's were fairly poor, but then again, they were under 19's playing against a group that were hardly under 19, still, they should have done better. I agree, the number 5 was eceptional as if it were not for him, we could easily have gone down by more than the 2-1 scoreline. I also didn't know who was who playing for us as the program didn't have any squad numbers against the listed players, but I was speaking to a guy whose son came on in the 2nd half, the no 14 and he was OK. His dad said his name was Wyllie, that would be Callum then.

At �£5 a head, I'm sure Penicuik were well up for it and so they proved to be. We'll need to get better if these young lads hope to improve, but I'd say that the No 5 has a chance of being in the first team squad, he was that good. Wyllie also could be considered, if not for shear determination and a couple of nice touches.

The Rangers 19's were fairly poor, but then again, they were under 19's playing against a group that were hardly under 19, still, they should have done better. I agree, the number 5 was eceptional as if it were not for him, we could easily have gone down by more than the 2-1 scoreline. I also didn't know who was who playing for us as the program didn't have any squad numbers against the listed players, but I was speaking to a guy whose son came on in the 2nd half, the no 14 and he was OK. His dad said his name was Wyllie, that would be Callum then.

At �£5 a head, I'm sure Penicuik were well up for it and so they proved to be. We'll need to get better if these young lads hope to improve, but I'd say that the No 5 has a chance of being in the first team squad, he was that good. Wyllie also could be considered, if not for shear determination and a couple of nice touches.

I wish I knew you were going mate,I would have met up with you.

Was it Darren Cole that came on in the CM second half?

Guest Dutchy

I was having a pint in the Bellman before the KO and there was plenty of Gers fans in there.

As I said, I didn't really know who any of the players were, until the guy I spoke to saying that was his son, the number 14, that came on.

The rest were a mystery to me, even though I was standing next to a couple of the training team in the second half. I could have asked them for a full run down of the names against the numbers, but I'm obviously not a natural reporter. Brainless fcuker some might say! lol

Guest Dutchy

I think Hemmings played yeaterday, but that was in Belfast and not in Penicuik.

I think, as I don't know who all the players were. There was a mixed race sort of peron playing in Penicuik, but he had a 7 on his back and he didn't look nearly as tall as Hemmings looked from the photos I've seen of him.

Didn't make the game as I was in Belfast, but the team was

Alan Smith, Ewan McNeil, Robbie McIntyre, Jordan Wilson (Jamie Burrows), Kamil Wiktorski, Adam Hunter (Fraser Aird), Gregor Fotheringham, Robbie Crawford, Tom Oakes (Callum Wyllie), Jack Werndly (Aaron McGregor), Ants Marenghi.

Number 5 was Wiktorski and 3 would be Robbie McIntyre.

Tom Oakes (18 year old) is a trialist from Wigan Athletic, the mixed race player would be Jamie Burrows a trialist from Jersey, he has only just turned 16 and looks a decent player. His trial period has been extended another week, so they must be considering a contract.