Aberdeen are set to swoop for Rangers midfielder Gavid Rae during the January transfer window. (Daily Record)

Anyone know anymore about this story? I know he is a Aberdeen lad and supporter so he might fancy it. He would give them a decent midfield with Barry Nicholson (Ex Ger) and Severin.

I find him a decent squad player but no more but I would still like to see him get a few games until Clement comes back.

ABERDEEN are set to swoop for Rangers' unwanted midfielder Gavin Rae during the January transfer window.

The Scotland international has been frozen out by boss Paul Le Guen and is resigned to the fact he will have to quit Ibrox to kick-start his career.

Rae, 28, was signed for £250,000 from Dundee by Alex McLeish two years ago but was out for almost 20 months with a cruciate ligament injury.

Although Le Guen played him three times earlier this season, Rae hasn't featured since.

Aberdeen tried to sign Rae on loan last January but he chose to stay at Ibrox and fight for a place. Now the Dons will make a second bid for the player who will have to take a pay cut to join his hometown team.

Only thing I could find is pretty much what you said and taken from the Record :S

It's a swap deal with Russel Anderson.....

;)

Nah seriously, he is a local boy from Aberdeen so it might be the making of him.

We will have too many midfielders anyway in Jan with the arrival of Scott Brown :P