I think if used as a wide midfielder and not an out and out winger vs a full back, he will be a solid player for us who will contribute plenty.

I would however like to see him on the right, it's obvious he likes to cut in, and the lack of "getting to the bye-line" was a major problem for us last night and Saturday.

I think he's a reasonable midfield player who'll do us a turn in terms of working hard and maintaining positional discipline.

However, we really need creative outlets and I don't think that's what he's about - although his chip into the box last night was excellent.

He seems like the perfect other midfielder in an attacking side - the less glamorous one whose passes work and makes quietly effective use of the ball for someone making intelligent forward runs. We don't have that other player though.

Helped by having Wallace there rather than Papac.

Agreed. Ortiz was happy to feed Wallace with every intelligent forward run he made. If he done this more often - or there was more general movement in the team - I reckon he could be pretty effective there. He can cut inside - with all those options - and Wallace can give him a by-line option and a natural left foot.

I was actually pretty impressed with Wallace. He looked pacey and direct and comfortable on the ball. At the moment I'd rather have him in the team than the really slow Papac.

Guest Dutchy
Yeah, I'd agree.

Still far from brilliant and perhaps it was because others were so bad, he looked good. ;)

Plus, he didn't play the full 90!