Come And Get Me Coisty - WESLEY VERHOEK

WESLEY VERHOEK last night issued a come-and-get-me plea to Rangers boss Ally McCoist.

The Dutch winger, 24, has told SunSport he's desperate for a switch to the SPL champs after hearing of Gers' interest.

Ibrox gaffer McCoist has had a �£1million bid rejected and will have to up his offer with his club ADO Den Haag demanding �£2.6m.

Verhoek said: "I will only leave here for a big challenge and for me Rangers are a fantastic club.

"But we aren't there yet as the clubs have still to agree a fee and after that I'll see what happens.

"When we return from Cyprus I expect ADO will want to speak to me.

"Every footballer is ambitious and everyone knows Rangers are a big club."

Verhoek - who is also being tracked by Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa - played for Den Haag in last night's 3-0 defeat by Omonia in a Europa League qualifier in Cyprus.

He'll return to Holland today and hold immediate showdown talks with Den Haag chairman Mark van der Kallen in a bid to resolve his future.

Dutch clubs Utrecht and AZ Alkmaar are also chasing the winger Gers hope to lure to Ibrox.

Forest - whose boss Steve McClaren watched Verhoek in action last week - have already had a bid of �£750,000 rejected by the Dutch club.

Den Haag have slapped a �£2.6m price tag on Verhoek's head and his plea to McCoist came as Gers failed with another offer for Anderlecht defender Roland Juhasz.

As SunSport revealed the Hungarian international is high on the Ibrox wish list.

A �£2.5million bid was tabled, but an Anderlecht spokesman said: "We received a second bid from Rangers today which is way below our valuation.

"Rangers know our valuation for the player and haven't met it."

Anderlecht originally quoted the staggering sum of �£6m for Juhasz when McCoist first enquired.

If they stick to that the deal is dead.

Meanwhile, Gers have taken German winger David Odonkor on trial while David Goodwillie and Kyle Bartley both remain on the radar.

Gers are reluctant to get into a bidding war for Goodwillie after we revealed yesterday Celtic are also chasing the Dundee United striker.

But Goodwillie is a player McCoist really wants and Gers will return to United with an improved offer for the 22-year-old hitman today.

As we also revealed yesterday, Bartley is close to rejoining Rangers on a season-long loan.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will make a final decision on Bartley's short-term future this weekend.

One player hoping to impress at Murray Park is Odonkor who has joined Gers on trial after his contract with Spanish side Real Betis ended.

Odonkor who has been capped 16 times by Germany, is fit again after a nightmare three-year injury spell.

Meanwhile, Dorin Goian will NOT be able to answer McCoist's SOS in Malmo next week, after UEFA blocked his bid to face the Swedes.

Rangers' new Romanian signing had hoped to cut through red tape and be available for the crunch Champions League clash.

But despite paperwork being registered with UEFA before last Monday's deadline one vital piece was missing - an accession card that Romanians need to work in the UK - and Goian won't be able to play.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3720962/Come-and-get-me-Coisty.html#ixzz1TRao806z

All well and good - we now have 4 players than want to come - but if we can't afford them, where does that leave us.

This is a lonnnnng game of poker.

Needs to front end big part of the 5 year plan on transfers to build a team that go on and win things and last the distance

Needs to front end big part of the 5 year plan on transfers to build a team that go on and win things and last the distance

Fair point. Buying our three main targets (Goodie, Verhoek and one of Juhasz or Cuellar) would be expensive but it would mean we wouldn't need to buy many players in future seasons.

This was always going to HAVE to happen.

If we spend more now and get the players McCoist wants on long term contracts then we shouldn't have to spend big in future windows - perhaps just adding one or two players or astute bosmans.

Guest Dutchy

Offer 1.8 million and be done with. When you look at all the players we have an interest in, I doubt if we could afford them all if all the clubs agreed to sell.