I've not looked in the match thread so there may be a few comments on him already, but I felt the subject was worth its own thread.

Whittaker has not had the best of seasons so far. He gifted Malmo their opener in the first leg, has been caught out several times in the SPL already, and generally looks a shadow of the reasonably decent player he was last year.

Last night was genuinely astonishing. On top of his dire form, he acted like a child and did something so unbelievably stupid that very few players could be forgiven it. But in his case his manager went out on a total limb to retain him. Whittaker rejected so many contract extensions and pay rises, his agent publicly saying that if no transfer offer was accepted, he'd happily run down his final year. This left a sour taste in the mouth. So for this fairly average player to become one of the club's top earners remains something quite bizarre.

I was completely against it at the time, and said he'd have to seriously improve his form to justify his selection and Ally's faith.

Well, his form has gone to hell, and his petulance had a major hand in us losing millions from the CL.

I'm no big fan of Broadfoot, but I'd much rather have him at RB for now and let Whittaker earn his place back in time. He does not deserve to be playing right now.

All that effort, all that talk from Whittaker and his agent and all those bids from Bursapor only for him to finally accept a new contract on vastly increased wages for nothing! The boy has a lot of making up to do.

I blame him for the defeat to Malmo, his fault for the goal against Hearts and his fault for last nights defeat along with Boogie.

Unfortunately for him these impressions and opinions last with fans.

I feel he's really let Ally down big time. Ally had this bizarre faith in him, a strange manlove only he could understand. He hasn't let me down, I knew the contract extension was a waste of money and I questioned Ally's judgement on it. Whittaker is so far making that judgement look very very poor. And a mistake.

He needs dropped for a good few weeks, stick broadfoot at right back who has been more than capable of playing there in recent years and introduce Whittaker back in slowly. I fear for whittaker if we don't, Edu has never recovered from the sheer abuse he gets from the fans and I fear Whittaker could be heading the same way now.

I don't think it's fair to say we're out due to Whittaker. I think it is reasonable to say he contributed to our exit in a big way. However you choose to see it, he let the club down very badly and it will be a cold day in hell before I forgive his idiocy last night. Frankly, he's a petulant, weak, self-serving wanker of the worst order and never in a million years what we need at Rangers. It wasn't the first time his indiscipline has cost us yet the first time anyone challenges his performances his confidence takes a ten week sabbatical. A five year contract, holy shit.

Whittaker has played a handfull of good games a season, he is a liability defensively tell me what justified this donkey getting 20k a week 5yr deal ffs.

Ally should tell him to get his Agent to get him another club end off he shouldnt play for Rangers again.

Whittaker has played a handfull of good games a season, he is a liability defensively tell me what justified this donkey getting 20k a week 5yr deal ffs.

Ally should tell him to get his Agent to get him another club end off he shouldnt play for Rangers again.

Some people need to get real

Whittaker himself will know he has let us and his teammates down as well as Ally but he will just have to come back from this like everyone who makes a mistake does.

no one is worth �£20k a week but who can say honestly they wouldn't take it if it was offered to them ? You can't blame him for that.

I remember a classic example a few years back on another forum were Daniel Cousin was sent off against Fiorentina and people were sayiong get rid of him and he should never play again, then a couple of month later he scores a screamer at the phiggery and all is forgiven and same people calling for his head loved him again

we are all disappointed but it's times like this we should rally together and get behind team and Management

Some people need to get real

Whittaker himself will know he has let us and his teammates down as well as Ally but he will just have to come back from this like everyone who makes a mistake does.

no one is worth �£20k a week but who can say honestly they wouldn't take it if it was offered to them ? You can't blame him for that.

I remember a classic example a few years back on another forum were Daniel Cousin was sent off against Fiorentina and people were sayiong get rid of him and he should never play again, then a couple of month later he scores a screamer at the phiggery and all is forgiven and same people calling for his head loved him again

we are all disappointed but it's times like this we should rally together and get behind team and Management

Whittaker has cost the club in the 2 games he played against Malmo, its not the first time this has happened he is a liability.

I blame Ally for giving in and offering him 20k a week not Whittakers fault.

Daniel Cousin was a far better player than Whittaker so no comparison really.

One can forgive a defender a mistake in one game, even as costly as the game at Ibrox. He came out booming ahead of last night and woosh ...

If people care to look, I suggested dropping him and play Broadfoot at right back. I hope Ally does now.