Ally Should Have Said No To Gers Job

BOBBY WILLIAMSON claims Ally McCoist should have walked away from Rangers with Walter Smith.

Coisty's old strike partner says Gers' record goalscorer is risking his Ibrox reputation as boss of his boyhood heroes.

Williamson fears Coisty, who he also bossed at Kilmarnock, will get NO help in the transfer market from the new Rangers regime.

He said: "Maybe he should have walked away when Walter did because I don't think this new chairman is going to give him any cash.

"I'd hate to see his reputation go down the swannee. Fans are fickle and have short memories.

"The man is a legend in my eyes and I wish him all the success, I really do.

"I wish him every success, I really do, but I don't know why he's doing it.

"He is a legend for Rangers and he's putting his neck right on the block at a difficult time.

"There is no money to strengthen the team and has got a very difficult job on his hands.

"I needed to carry on in football because I can't do anything else, but Ally has other strings to his bow. He can do TV or radio."

Williamson is on the brink of a historic achievement as boss of Uganda, needing just a point against Angola next month to qualify for the African Cup of Nations for the first time in 34 years.

Williamson added: "We've GOT to qualify.

"The fans are so passionate about football, they love the national team and I need to work hard for these people because they have been so supportive towards me.

"The Angola match is going to be massive for the entire country.

"It's huge and we're all looking forward to it."

Nicklas Bendtner believes Arsenal pal Kyle Bartley can help ease McCoist's problems this season.

Bartley is back at Ibrox on a season-long loan and Danish striker Bendtner reckons that can pave the way for him to be a Gunners first-team star.

He said: "Kyle really enjoyed his time at Rangers last season and I think that is why he has gone back there.

"He must feel this is the best thing for him.

"It is good for him to get experience because it is difficult to get into the Arsenal first team. It is always good to get experience and he is getting that at a top club like Rangers because they challenge for the league every year.

"I am sure if Kyle does well then he could come back to Arsenal and get into the first team. It depends on the season ahead, but he is a very strong lad.

"When he tackles players, he goes through them.

"He also has good feet and good technique."

Bendtner also revealed he almost became a Rangers player four years ago.

He said: "There was talk about me signing for Rangers four years ago when Paul le Guen was manager.

"I was close to going there but in the end I decided to sign for Birmingham."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3745338/Ally-should-have-said-no-to-Gers-job.html#ixzz1Ufl2fGcL

So I am curious who should we have given the job to? People judging Ally before anything has happened. Lets face it the real judging happens after the transfer window when he should have his own squad of players together by then.

Guest Dutchy

As far as I'm concerned, nothing has been won or lost yet this season.

OK, we failed to qualify for the CL, but no-one can say we would have done so with another manager is charge, or indeed even WS as he's had his failures as well.

Still, if papers give no marks a platform, it doesn't worrry me what they have to say as they too also are entitled to their opinion, and as said, they may have somemore inside info on the subject. Then again, they may not.