Motherwell 0 - 3 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

I actually think that much of the reason Ortiz had a good game is because Naismith was playing one in from him. They both have an attack-minded mentality with Ortiz looking to go forward and Naismith looking to get beyond the midfield.

Naismith was very often providing Ortiz an "out" ball, looking to get into space for the forward pass.

Previously Ortiz has been playing alongside Edu & Jig. Naismith is far more mobile than both of them and also quicker at breaking into advancing positions. This could be part of the reason Ortiz has been doing nothing but cutting back and playing a backwards ball since the start of the season.... because he has had so few options ahead of him.

I would like to see that midfield 4 starting a few consecutive games (after Maribor with Naismith suspended) - right to left : :jmo: :sn: :sd: :gw:

Who would have thought... a midfield with pace, invention, skill, creativity, tenacity, speed.

I would definitely be giving Naismith a run at centre mid so long as he isnt needed up top - and with Lafferty in his current form he wouldnt be needed - because Naismith still gives us the attacking threat even playing from midfield. He also has the engine to be a box-to-box player (as does Davis) and they both seem to have a decent enough understanding in there.

If you look at the above midfield 4 and then put :nj: and :kl: up top..... would you honestly be fearful of the Tims home OR away ?

Ortiz, Naismith, Davis & Wylde vs Ledley, Ki, Kayal & Brown ??? I wouldnt be afraid of that match up any day of the week.

It's hilarious - he was pretty mediocre till his goal!

Agreed. I felt he gave away possession to often by dallying on the ball.

Watch out Danny, here come the blue-tinted spec brigade.......