Gersnet article writing - Read this if you're interested

Gersnet is starting a new article writing system on trial whereby there's a scheduled rota which is similar to the one in place for writing match previews. The basic idea is to get a list of people who are all interested in writing an occasional Rangers-related article which will be published by Gersnet, but credited to you as the writer.

All articles which are published automatically go out to the masses on NewsNow and the Gersnet twitter account.

Unlike the match previews where there's a deadline to be met (a preview is needed in advance of the match or it's worthless), this will be less formal and not sticking to deadlines as such, so no real pressure.

There's already a writers sub-forum which has been here for years, but only recently flushed of all past work and opened up to everyone. Now that it's open you should feel free to post ideas for articles or projects in there, but in the time being why not sign up to an informal rota if you think you might be interested in occasionally writing something?

If you're interested in it just say so here or PM myself or one of the other mods or admin. :)

Will be glad to assist.

On a sidenote, over at the German board* we have some sort of "Rangers Glossary". FF has so far (and for years - I have to add) decline to take somesuch up, but IMHO we need to tell the world out there what we are about and what we mean with our songs, our chants, and all that is connected to the club.

*Post 2 onwards ... though some interestings links in Post 1 too.

Good response so far!! :)

Ok, so far we've got:-

craig

bluebear54

der Berliner

Dutchy

Super_Ally - will I put you down mate or are you doing your own thing?

Zappa

Come on folks! Get your name down! :D

Once we've got a slightly bigger list we can start thinking about the rota and put a new sticky thread in the writers sub-forum... icon14.png

On a sidenote, over at the German board* we have some sort of "Rangers Glossary". FF has so far (and for years - I have to add) decline to take somesuch up, but IMHO we need to tell the world out there what we are about and what we mean with our songs, our chants, and all that is connected to the club.

*Post 2 onwards ... though some interestings links in Post 1 too.

Just had a look at your link and that's really cool. On the main site there's already The Rangers Archive - Online Museum as well as other Rangers resources on the Main Gersnet Site

You'll notice when you visit the museum that there's the opportunity to get involved and help expand and improve it. If you have ideas just contact Frankie via PM. :)

Edited by Zappa

I don't know if I can write on demand but as ever I will try and get something written at some time.

I think it will work well for those who need a kick up the bottom to jot their ideas down and for anyone who doesn't want to be part of a rota there's no reason why they can't just contribute as and when they have the ideas and the time on an ad hoc basis. :thup: