Rangers 2 - 0 Aberdeen - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Rangers go back to the SPL summit despite unconvincing display at home to Aberdeen.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=438:rangers-2-0-aberdeen-player-ratings-and-mom-poll&catid=35:analysis&Itemid=67

:am:

One fantastic save to claw Boca header away from his post, once again we had to rely on the 'keeper's quality.

I felt Davis gave the ball away under no pressure far too often. Also feel he didn't work hard enough off the ball compared to Edu who I reckon was our best midfielder yesterday... :whistle:

Naismith had a nightmare yesterday and I was astonished Ortiz or Fleck wasn't brought on to change things given the Dons were on top for long periods.

Was thoroughly unimpressed by yesterdays performance apart from the fact we actually scored 2 goals. Apart from Davis the midfield look uninterested and lacked cohesion. Edu and Naismith looked as if they had never played together before and Wylde as much as it looks as if he is putting the effort in, he put mostly inaccurate crosses into the box that only reached our strikers on a couple of occasions. Jelavic to be fair is not getting the service he deserves and is having to come out of position to pick the ball up. My match ratings are as follows,

McGregor - 7

Whittaker - 5

Goian - 6 (Perry-6)

Bocanegra - 6

Broadfoot - 6

Edu - 5

Naismith 5

Davis - 7

Wylde - 6

Lafferty - 6

Jelavic - 6

I felt Davis gave the ball away under no pressure far too often. Also feel he didn't work hard enough off the ball compared to Edu who I reckon was our best midfielder yesterday... :whistle:

We were obviously watching different games :)

Naismith had a nightmare yesterday

No wonder. the guy could hardly run at various stages of the game.

Wylde as much as it looks as if he is putting the effort in, he put mostly inaccurate crosses into the box that only reached our strikers on a couple of occasions.

If he could learn to look up and see who is in the box and where then his accuracy may improve.

Guest Dutchy
If he could learn to look up and see who is in the box and where then his accuracy may improve.

I believe Wylde will learn and when he does, we're going to have one hellava player on our hands.

Didn't see the game yesterday, just radio commentry, from what I heard, McGregor saved the day once again.

Guest Dutchy
Is Naismith fit for the Scotland games this coming week? If he is injured, you'd like to think he'll pull out.

He's being checked by the Scotland doctor today, no news as yet.