Some info on the Fleck and Hutton loan deal situation

Taken from an article today on the Sheffield United official website with the manager talking about their transfers -

Wilson has also given the latest news on John Fleck and Kyle Hutton from SPL champions Glasgow Rangers: "There is still a problem with the Football League and the timings of paperwork. I wouldn't have thought there should be a problem, but there seems to be.

"They technically aren't our players so they aren't in Sheffield because we couldn't do that. If we can get it sorted though they are coming here to play.

"They have had experience at such a young age in the SPL and the Champions League so that says a great deal about them. Walter Smith had no fear playing them both against no less than Manchester United, so they have been tested in the past and are trusted.

"We think because of their versatility they can be very useful additions for us and do two or three jobs in the team."

http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/Gaffersnotes/0,,10418~2438984,00.html

Pretty pissed off Hutton is away TBH. Walter thought he was good enough to play at OT, I think he's a better footballer than Jig and Surely most folk would agree he's better than Edu. Feeling pretty despondent....

Same here cotter. I'm really hoping the Football League don't allow the loan deals to go through because I wanted to see Hutton getting games this season. I also don't think it's good for us to loan out players to lower league teams. I'd rather we loaned them to other SPL teams or Championship teams. Both Hutton and Fleck are easily good enough to get games for other SPL teams and they'd be playing on a bigger stage than League 1 or League 2 down south as well as being closer to home and easier to keep an eye on. Not impressed at all that they were being sent to Sheffield, but what do we know, eh?

I don't want Hutton especially to go either, but I'd read something about the chance of them maybe going out on loan to Partick Thistle due to some extension within the teams of the same country. I'd rather he stayed and played with us, but there may be some gain if he were to play every game for Partick, at least for fittness levels.

Last I heard the deal was dead the paperwork didn't go through in time. Feel free to tell me different.

Rangers haven't said anything about it today, but what I posted is straight off the Sheffield United website with quotes from their manager. Presumably the reason Rangers haven't said anything about it is that Sheffield are still trying to get it sorted out with their league admin which means it could go either way.

Think we'd all prefer for both of them to stay but going on loan to decent sides could help their development. Look at the way Manure have loaned out Wellbeck and Cleverley. I'd say Hutton and Fleck have similar status vis-a-vis our squad, so if they come back and become certain starters it's a win-win situation. At the end of the day they are still our players.

Hutton's chances of playing for our first team are going to be fairly limited again this season so I'm more than happy for him to go elsewhere and get a game and develop. He will develop far more playing every week than if he does getting 15 minutes once every 6 weeks.

I hope that the loans do go through.