Another "asset" mortgaged off

I know for a fact that you're just glad that Murray is gone and I think you'll willingly accept any alternative even if it's to the detriment of the club.

No. There were years of accumulated reason to want Murray out. Craig Whyte has almost no track record to criticise but from what I can see he's already a far better man in charge than Sir Shithead who buried the club in this fucking mess.

Edited by maineflyer

No. There were years of accumulated reason to want Murray out. Craig Whyte has almost no track record to criticise but from what I can see he's already a far better man in charge than Sir Shithead who buried the club in this fucking mess.

I still find it hard to understand how fans who sat on their arses for years watching Murray destroy our club , can now slaughter Whyte after 4 months , whilst he is trying to sort out Murray's mess , yes Whyte will make mistakes , but if this HMRC case goes against us we WILL be in ADMINISTRATION , it would be financial lunacy not to go down that route , why should we suddenly pay our debt plus Murray's mismanaged tax bill when we can pay a fraction and get out debt free , plus still probably finish second and get into the C/L qualifiers.

Can you detail specifically why he's 'already a far better man in charge than Sir Shithead' (your words) ??

Can you detail specifically why he's 'already a far better man in charge than Sir Shithead' (your words) ??

Whether he is a better man remains to be seen but it was DM that has driven our club to the edge of Bankruptcy so it is unfair that Whyte is taking flak for trying to come away as cheaply as possible. And RBR is right if we lose the tax case we will be put into administration. As far as I have read Whyte has things tied up so he gets to keep everything and even HMRC will not get 1penny. We can start calling us Glasgow Rangers as it should be imo, lose 10 to 15 points and be debt free. I would imagine that is why Whyte has not cleared the 22 million debt yet as if we go bust he will throw the 22mill in to clear as well. As RBR says we would really be stupid not to go down that road.

Reading some other sites you would think all this mess just appeared when Whyte took over and it's his fault. I agree if tax case goes against he will fold us but that was his plan all along it's the only way to save the club and give the tax man hee haw. The season after will be a farce with the 15 point deduction but it's what the yahoo and the media are praying for they might actually win a title.

Whether he is a better man remains to be seen but it was DM that has driven our club to the edge of Bankruptcy so it is unfair that Whyte is taking flak for trying to come away as cheaply as possible.

I don't think anyone disputes that Murray made horrific mistakes with the club during his time as owner and definitely didn't leave the club in good shape pete, but Craig Whyte knew exactly what he was getting himself into. He knew that there was a £2.8m tax bill to be paid and guaranteed to pay it when he purchased Murray's shares. That tax bill was not paid and people are rightly questioning why. If Whyte and his associates who now own and run the club can't pay a relatively small tax bill that they agreed to pay almost five months ago then should fans not question WTF is going on? There's a list of other things that don't quite add up either and they all bring us to where we are now, which is many people being genuinely concerned about whether Craig Whyte is the right man to take the club forward. If it turns out that he isn't, then this will come round full circle and land back at the feet of David Murray because he assured Rangers fans for years that he would only sell to the right person.

And RBR is right if we lose the tax case we will be put into administration.

That's not correct at all. If we lose it then that's the likely outcome, but nobody knows exactly what the size of the bill would be, so nobody can say with !00% certainty that administration would be the only option.

As far as I have read Whyte has things tied up so he gets to keep everything and even HMRC will not get 1penny.

It does look as though the main revenue streams have been mortgaged to keep the tax man's hands off them in the event that we get hammered with a huge tax bill, but how things 'look' needn't necessarily always be how things really are. Should people take everything we're told at face value?

We can start calling us Glasgow Rangers

Mark Dingwall said this on Sportsound tonight and tbh there might be no other credible option if push came to shove.

lose 10 to 15 points and be debt free.

Not sure about the debt free part, but we would only be docked 10 points if we went into administration a first time. The penalty for a second period of administration would be 25 points.

I would imagine that is why Whyte has not cleared the 22 million debt yet as if we go bust he will throw the 22mill in to clear as well.

I don't follow/understand what you're saying here mate.

Edited by Zappa