Another "asset" mortgaged off

In the papers tomorrow from Whyte "rangers will not go under I guarantee you that" I honestly think he is trying his hardest to keep our heads above water but if it can't be done and we have to take a dip he is making dam sure that we come back fighting in some capacity and that will do for me.

The anger I feel for Murray and the last regime holds no bounds they let this happen on their watch no ifs no buts they should be hounded from piller to post.

It's impossible to second guess a situation like this without knowing a great deal of the facts but if I put myself in Craig Whyte's situation I'd also be doing everything I can to limit the funding of the club. I would make sure there was little to suggest that HMRC would ever get their hands on a significant payment from Rangers. Any funds I intended putting into the club in due course would be held back until the tax issue is finally settled. HMRC know this too of course but they can only suck what blood is actually in the stone. So far, I see nothing at all to criticise Craig Whyte for.

It's the second guessing that has me flummoxed. Like the Tories, Whyte has inherited one hell of a mess - all details of which will only now becoming fully clear to him, and certainly not to us. There may be things to criticise him for, but it's beyond my ken. I'm all for any steps that makes the club run more sensibly, and within more sensible parameters - and this seems to me what's happened so far, as far as my limited understanding allows. It would have been lovely to see big spend this summer, but I'd sooner see the club being here indefinitely. There may have been something disingenuous about the 5million investment, but if he includes its scope to securing long term planets for key players we're more or less there. We have a more rounded squad than last year that, under the right guidance, ought to be capable of winning the league. I'm cautiously happy with that, and still glad the old regime is out.

If we win the tax case, it will hopefully be the making of us. If we don't, hopefully we'll have to give them as little as possible.

It's the second guessing that has me flummoxed. Like the Tories, Whyte has inherited one hell of a mess - all details of which will only now becoming fully clear to him, and certainly not to us. There may be things to criticise him for, but it's beyond my ken. I'm all for any steps that makes the club run more sensibly, and within more sensible parameters - and this seems to me what's happened so far, as far as my limited understanding allows. It would have been lovely to see big spend this summer, but I'd sooner see the club being here indefinitely. There may have been something disingenuous about the 5million investment, but if he includes its scope to securing long term planets for key players we're more or less there. We have a more rounded squad than last year that, under the right guidance, ought to be capable of winning the league. I'm cautiously happy with that, and still glad the old regime is out.

If we win the tax case, it will hopefully be the making of us. If we don't, hopefully we'll have to give them as little as possible.

I suppose the real bottom line with Craig Whyte is that there is only Craig Whyte. No one else, not even those on the old board who so readily criticized his arrival, was prepared to take his place.

I suppose the real bottom line with Craig Whyte is that there is only Craig Whyte. No one else, not even those on the old board who so readily criticized his arrival, was prepared to take his place.

You really couldnt make this shower up , their necks are so fucking shiny , they get us into this mess along with that bastard Murray , then because Whyte hasn't sorted this mess out in a few weeks , bought 10 superstars , he's the one to blame, jeez oh

You really couldnt make this shower up , their necks are so fucking shiny , they get us into this mess along with that bastard Murray , then because Whyte hasn't sorted this mess out in a few weeks , bought 10 superstars , he's the one to blame, jeez oh

There you have it, nothing else to be said. rbr straight to the essence of it, as usual. Well said.

It's the Rangers way, I just sit back and shake my head.

• 1 month later...

Is this not about all the assets of the Club being reassigned as collateral from BoS to Wavetower - apart from the Close Leasing thing?

Suggests to me BoS have just had the debt paid off. No?

If so, suggests to me this is the end game. Presumably there's nothing for the taxman to go after - it's all offshore?

I'll wait for BD or one of our luminaries to enlighten us.

Edited by bluebear54

Close appear to have the rights to our catering income from Azure, presumably in return for an upfront payment to help with the cashflow. This is just making their rights to that income more secure, I believe.

However, if anyone has got a better interpretation than that as it's not the clearest.....