RST blasts Martin Bain over court action

Thats a real shame if Kenny is lost to Spain , but good luck to him .

With regards to the RST being a one man band , the ££ website for years was totally anti trust , then when Dingwallet was appointed over night people were getting banned for any decension , you start any debate on the trust and see who all come out to support him , the usual band , he may not be a one man band but he has them in his wallet , sorry pocket , christ , if it's not T shirts its podcasts to arranging do's abroad for fans at £5 a skull , how did we ever manage without him

MD was on the RST board from the beginning, and FF was a driving force behind the creation of the RST, and to my recollection has always been pro-Trust.

I want to try to be constructive here TB (especially since I know what excellent work you've been doing and involved in) so don't take this as just another snipe at the trust.

Why should I or anyone else pay £10 for a one year RST membership and a 'free' Rangers share worth £0.20p to try to 'influence the RST from the inside'?

This fundamentally flawed model is one of the reasons that the RST doesn't have tens of thousands of members like it should do after all these years. The trust is asking fans to PAY to be able to offer their time, opinions, ideas and expertise. It's asking them to PAY to volunteer these things and help take the trust forwards, to essentially improve the RST as the heart and soul of moving towards a fan ownership model. There's a distinct lack of soul though and it's all because of the RST's own model.

Why not try to get 20,000 (or more) Bears to sign up as lifetime RST members for FREE? That's what you CALL 'free'. You could even give them a free share worth twenty pence as an incentive to join for life. Now that's a model that's got some soul...

I cant argue with any of your financial argument there Zappa. I am not sure if the RST needs to charge for membership for a specific reason or it is just for fundraising. Perhaps if it does not need to charge for membership under its rules (or Supporters Direct's rules) then a free membership would be beneficial for a relaunch. I will note this and ask at the AGM on 2 October.

My original point was however (tenner aside) that too many Bears prefer to snipe from the outside than put in some graft and join and try to be a positive influence to make a difference for our club. If you truly object to the RST for financial reasons, then get involved with the Alliance/Assembly/Association/local RSC etc. Im sure you get the point.

I cant argue with any of your financial argument there Zappa. I am not sure if the RST needs to charge for membership for a specific reason or it is just for fundraising.

As rbr noted, there's broker fees involved in purchasing the shares, but I don't see why that should be a major stumbling block. If the reason for charging a tenner a year membership fee is just for fundraising I'm sure a better method of fundraising could be found after getting a large number of people signed up and interested in the trust.

Perhaps if it does not need to charge for membership under its rules (or Supporters Direct's rules) then a free membership would be beneficial for a relaunch. I will note this and ask at the AGM on 2 October.

That would be great if you could ask about it. Probably best to say you're asking on behalf of someone else because I seriously expect the idea of ditching membership fees will be met with a negative response.

My original point was however (tenner aside) that too many Bears prefer to snipe from the outside than put in some graft and join and try to be a positive influence to make a difference for our club. If you truly object to the RST for financial reasons, then get involved with the Alliance/Assembly/Association/local RSC etc. Im sure you get the point.

I don't object to the RST for financial reasons. I don't actually object to the RST at all, but the RST has been running for over 8 years and if it wants fans and Craig Whyte to take it seriously it needs a radical makeover. It needs it's membership numbers to increase by at least 1000%. I'm not a fan of the idea of Rangers being under fan ownership at the moment and the main reason for that is that our Supporters Trust hasn't shown me anything that makes me think it's a good idea. Make radical changes from top to bottom, reinvent the Trust, get over 50% of the season ticket holders signed up as well as thousands of other fans from abroad etc and then you've maybe got a credible vehicle for fan ownership of the club. If the Trust can't do these things it's a bit of a waste of time in all honesty.

The Trust currently don't give a free share to new members now unfortunately.

Generally speaking a tenner isn't a huge amount but perhaps they should remove that fee (or even halve it) to increase numbers.

TB:

I agree it probably isn't accurate to compare the Working Group with either of the 'proper' fans groups but I do think it is a better example of how our fans should be working together to achieve results.

The Trust currently don't give a free share to new members now unfortunately.

They could do with updating their website then - http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/about-the-trust

Generally speaking a tenner isn't a huge amount but perhaps they should remove that fee (or even halve it) to increase numbers.

FWIW, it's not the tenner a year I'm questioning Frankie, it's the actual principal of asking people to pay a yearly membership fee for nothing more than a fan ownership concept which isn't currently moving towards it's goals to any great extent over 8 years from it's initial inception. Why not just concentrate on membership numbers and creating a buzz in order to quickly give the Trust some credibility instead of just going round in circles with small membership numbers.

I'd definitely agree the Trust needs a fresh start to restore interest and belief into the organisation.

Fan ownership will and should remain their raison d'être but it's clear that is not possible as it stands. It's a shame the Team 2 thing has stalled as that seems a good way of finding ways of regaining any credibility they did have.

Can you kindly quote examples of the influence the RST has had directly over Rangers?

Nothing of that sort I impled nor spoke about. It does - as opposed to the "ranting mass" (definition above) - speak to the media and the club itself and works alongside with the club on various fan projects, including anti-social / sectarian beaviour. You can find these on their website.

In turn, one is bound to ask whether you have seen any ranting of supporters on boards change anything or being even heard by the club. The only thing it does is letting off emotions and squaring up to other supporters, filling pages upon pages with stuff that will essentially change nothing at all.And when it comes to real and tangible action, those who filled those pages with their rants are usually those not seen at all.

I'll ridicule a joke organisation if I see fit.

Which tells me that you have not visited their website at all.

@ admin regarding the medicine ... read again. Danny implied that the RST writes poorly written articles on FF et al. Which it does not. It has its own website and on occasion FF and other fanboards take articles from there. And even those who are on those website are surely not poorly written, but Danny may prove me wrong here.

Fuck me! What a depressing discovery, that the RST is still on the go and, even worse, is still being discussed.

For me, the RST sits alongside David Murray - something unfortunate from the past that would be better not to be part of our future. Perhaps best remembered as a complete waste of time and an opportunity lost amongst egos and idiots.