Billy Dodds backs Rangers enforcer Maurice Edu to star in derby clash

Just because McCulloch didn't look to bright when he came on against the Arabs doesn't mean he'll be bad against septic. He played in yon bounce game as well, did he not? But to say Edu will be the enforcer is right out of la-la land.

Billy Dodds has become a real bampot with the things he has to say.

I agree which is why I hope to see Jelavic, Lafferty and Naismith all play. Add in Davis, McKay and Edu then that's as attacking a team as you can get - tempered by the majority of those players being able to work hard and play deep when appropriate.

:)

Now your talking Frankie getting a semi over that line up.

I agree which is why I hope to see Jelavic, Lafferty and Naismith all play. Add in Davis, McKay and Edu then that's as attacking a team as you can get - tempered by the majority of those players being able to work hard and play deep when appropriate.

:)

I'll go with that as well Frankie, I hope they all play as well although I do fear Jig will be his first name on the team sheet after McGregor.

I'll go with that as well Frankie, I hope they all play as well although I do fear Jig will be his first name on the team sheet after McGregor.

That's my biggest fear we don't need dig and don't think big Jig gives you much dig anyway we need players who can move the ball quick, no coincidence that we played fast flowing football at the end of last season without Jig.

Got to laugh how we all so easily accept the verbiagf of the Scottish press. Doods calls Edu a "destroyer" amd all of a sudden we get a hard-on about Dodds calling one of our players an enforcer.... yet we readily refuse to accept other articles about Gers players when it suits us.

Personally I think that Dodds has a point. Edu has always had a knack of doing well against Celtic - breaking play up, being creative, getting forward to help the attack, scoring a vital goal or two. Thus, I think he can be effective on Sunday, but only if he is given that free role.

To suggest that Edu is "hopeless" is simply churlish maineflyer. He may not be your, nor my, cup of tea, but he HAS proven over his tenure that he has something to offer - certainly, his contribution has not been insignificant and is along the same lines as the likes of Lafferty,