Kris Boyd - Turkish Delight?

Cant say I hate the guy but I just never thought he was a footballer good enough for Rangers and I did dislike his attitude. The goal count is a freak but majority against terrible teams (the SPL in general are terrible and that shows when no clubs are even in the Europa Cup).

I always said he would get found out as soon as he left Rangers. The good players at the club made him look better than he was and set up his tap ins. Since leaving he has proved me and others right who said he would get found out.

All i can say to him is thanks for being greedy and leaving the club.

I'm not his biggest fan but his goals certainly helped us win trophies. He may have scored the majority of his goals against poor sides but every one of his goals helped us win league titles. Every goal is an important goal. He may have been lazy but he earned his money.

Edited by Gazza_8

If Boyd hadn't scored, others would have. When he was out of the team, it didn't hurt us in any real way. Others just chipped in with goals. Admittedly no one player scored as many, but that didn't really count for much.

Boyd's moment of glory was our League Cup triumph v QOTS I think it was when he scored twice. Other than that I remember him for literally nothing more than always fucking up against Celtic and wasting a gilt edge chance to take us to the CL quarter finals.

If Boyd hadn't scored, others would have. When he was out of the team, it didn't hurt us in any real way. Others just chipped in with goals. Admittedly no one player scored as many, but that didn't really count for much.

We'd have lost 25ish goals a season if we never had Boyd. I can think of a few games where he scored the winning goal. Boyd was a poacher and had the composure when finishing unlike Miller, Novo and Naismith although Naismith has improved greatly over the course of last season and this season.

Boyd's moment of glory was our League Cup triumph v QOTS I think it was when he scored twice. Other than that I remember him for literally nothing more than always fucking up against Celtic and wasting a gilt edge chance to take us to the CL quarter finals.

You have a very selective memory then.

We'd have lost 25ish goals a season if we never had Boyd. I can think of a few games where he scored the winning goal. Boyd was a poacher and had the composure when finishing unlike Miller, Novo and Naismith although Naismith has improved greatly over the course of last season and this season.

But the others could have pitched in and got his goals.

I can recall quite a few games when we didnt start winning until Boyd went off so its swings and roundabouts. But we were always a better side without him. Before he signed we scored over 100 goals in a season and after he has left we are still winning titles so that ridiculous poster in the stands those years back of "no Boyd = No goals = no titles" is shown to be a nonsense.

101 goals in 143 games.

Well played lad.

Not another Boyd Post!:shock: I was never a supporter of his and always said we will score goals without him just in another manner. He did fill a roll in that period and has a fantastic scoring record, but I personally prefer a striker who can score and play football.

Just for the useless information FC Twenthe bought a striker,Janko, from Austria at the same time we bought Jelly. The guy scores in every game but really can't play football and is as stiff as a garden fence. Jelly scores less but thank god we picked the best one.

If you look at his record down south in detail he wasn't found out at all. He didn't get a good run of regular starts and in fact... in a large percentage of his appearances, he often had to come on as a sub when things were going wrong. There's a whole string of appearances on his record down there that were last 5 or 10 minute jobs or less and that's no way to play a good goal-scorer.

He did what was required and scored goals, and goals win matches even if they were against diddies there is 10 other teams we play its not everything to score against Celtic.

If Jelavic and Boyd were together it would be an interesting partnership.

His final half season was a disappointment probably head was elsewhere. Sort of frustrated me a little as I was a fan of whilst he was here.