Further TBO/UB Statement

Forty years ago the police wouldn't have been stupid enough to try this shit.

Which just goes to show the mentality of fans and cops has changed over the years. MF, you seem intent to blame the police 100%. Why so?

I would like to see a game without any police presence in that particular area of the ground. I mean its hardly impossible to have some on standby if something goes wrong but seriously what potential problem would there be? If the stewards and police at the turnstiles do their job correctly, then no bottles, offensive flags, smokes etc would get in.

Which just goes to show the mentality of fans and cops has changed over the years. MF, you seem intent to blame the police 100%. Why so?
Blame? Not blaming anyone. Simply giving due recognition to the declining standards of the police service whose salaries my taxes pay for.

Blame? Not blaming anyone. Simply giving due recognition to the declining standards of the police service whose salaries my taxes pay for.

I think you also have to take into consideration the more anti-social society we live in as well as blaming it all on the police. Kids are not looking to punch you anymore they are more and more using knives and some even guns. Obviously stress plays a part as well. I know a few police officers who left because of the dangers and stress involved. I think you have to look at both sides of the picture.

Guest Dutchy

Sounds like a reasonable response pete, but if you're stressed, who do you suggest is the best people to take out your frustrations on.

Taking into account that this bill is in some ways hoping to de-humanise football fans further than the status within society they already hold, surely there's some police that will take advantage of these animals.

I personally find tax-dogers more sickening than folk on benefits, but the government has the opposite campaign going.

So, no hunting tax dogers I'd say, even if their combined unpaid taxes could clear the deficit, and fix all the roads, clear waiting lists in the NHS and much, much more, but I'll await your reasoning before expending anymore energy on who the real criminals may be.

I think you also have to take into consideration the more anti-social society we live in as well as blaming it all on the police. Kids are not looking to punch you anymore they are more and more using knives and some even guns. Obviously stress plays a part as well. I know a few police officers who left because of the dangers and stress involved. I think you have to look at both sides of the picture.

Thankfully my contact with the police is infrequent and certainly hasn't involved punching or knives. I commented on the standard of service and ability of officers I've dealt with recently. Nothing more or less and not based on looking at anything more than my own direct experience.

I don't believe it is just the Police, we just need to look at the ParliamentS in both London and Edinburgh.

Though I did laugh[?] when I noticed the following.

Speaking to an audience of superintendents in Warwickshire, Mr Winsor said it was unfair to expect overworked prosecutors to correct documents.

Mr Winsor said: ‘Why is the entrance test for a police constable now so low? The educational requirements, why are they so low?

Mr Winsor, the lawyer reviewing police conditions, said reading, writing and mathematical skills have fallen 'significantly' since the 1930s

‘We looked at the basic questions, one of which is, 'You find a purse in the street, it contains a £5 note, four 20p pieces and five two pence pieces, how much is in the purse?'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2037027/Some-police-officers-barely-literate-educational-standards-low.html#ixzz1Zt1eAjli

Apologies for the previous post Johnny, I was having a chunt of a day at work.

I've no reason not to believe you. You know cops who are dicks for whatever reason but we're not all like that. My attitude when policing is talk to people how you wish to be spoken to. If I'm treated or spoken to like shit then you'll get the same back. To say that the majority of cops (maybe you meant that you know of) act in a 'god like' way is not true. Sometimes you need to impose yourself on situations and need to act the bigger person and perhaps people won't like but if they weren't acting like clowns in the 1st place and took some responsibility then I wouldn't need to act any other way than the way way I like to police. Every cop is different, some good, some bad but we don't all act 'god like'. Some cops love their job and it's their life, I love my job but want to get home, watch TV and spend some (quality?) time with the chick.

When I'm working at any football game I want to see the game. If I'm asked to do something by the match commander, stadium commander or the stand Inspector then I'll do it.

Why are TBO or the section of them who thought dragging the poor guy away from the cops was the right thing to do aren't getting a hard time off the fans?

No problem gazza,

Whenever i've seen these cops I know they always seem to brag about what they done in their job such as lift this guy etc which I can't be doing with, they seem to enjoy arresting people or treating people the way they say they do which is not what I thought the police force was all about and i'm sure it's not in most cases. Maybe I just know guys who were already prats and decided to be policemen :)

I also think if you are in a group of people and say one or two are out of order to the police then the whole group then gets labelled the same. It must be hard for the police in certain situations but I just feel most of the time they make matters worse especially at football games and are too heavy handed in most cases and could often calm most of the situations down by the way they act and talk right away.

I think the way the stewards and police went in to get the guy with the bottle (which he had approved by the police and stewards before he entered the ground) was wrong, which is why other fans acted in the way they did. I am not defending them, far from it they made matters worse in the end, but from what i've heard the police/stewards were not that polite when they were trying to speak to the guy. IMO all that was needed was a quiet word with the guy instead of them throwing their weight around shouting for the guy to get over here now.

I'm sure these things even themselves out so i'll come in contact (hopefully not too often) with some decent cops to make up for the not so decent ones already :)

The Police today are just like any other working man in the street, some do a good job some don't. You can't label all builders bad because you get a cowboy. Same with the police have meet some great ones and have meet the ones who watch to much Law and Order of a night.