The above MSP was on Radio Scotland on Monday morning. This is a transcript from BBC iPlayer, he was in a debate with Stuart Waiton.

SW - "There was not a single offensive song because they are already terrified of being arrested."

HY - "You clearly weren't in the stadium then because you must have not heard what a particular number of people who were at the game heard"

SW - "I was at the game actually I was sitting with The Blue Order"

HY - "Well then clearly you had your earplugs in then because if you couldn't hear what some of the offensive songs that were being sung."

SW - "What were the songs?"

HY - Ignores question.

When challenged by e-mail, he sent this reply.

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your email regarding my comments on the radio earlier today.

I hope you do not mind me including you in a single email as all twelve of your emails were almost identical and touching upon the same issue it would therefore make sense to do.

I am not sure if you heard the Radio Interview this morning? It sounds like it has been incorrectly referred to by some or perhaps I was not clear enough in my own communications.

At no point in the interview did I mention the game at Ibrox this weekend. During the interview, I was discussing general offensive songs being sung and in this case I was referring to, though didnâ??t explicitly mention, the Celtic Vs. -Hearts game which, I heard on the radio and a close friend of mine attended and to which I enquired about the singing that took place therein.

My point was not actually to do with so-called sectarian singing at that match, or for this matter any other match, but was to say that I do not have a problem with offensive songs being sung at football matches. My problem and the issue this legislation tries to address is offensive singing and behaviours that are likely to incite public disorder it â?? I am sure we all share a common goal of wanting to see public disorder and violence tackled in the context of football matches.

Once again I am happy to reiterate that at no point do I reference the game at Ibrox this Saturday. I made my comments about the weekendâ??s game and Dr Waitonâ??s attendance without meaning to refer to that specific game â?? so I can understand where the confusion may have arisen from and happy to apologise if it came across incorrectly.

I hope football fans, of which I am one, are able to have a mature and reasoned debate whereby we can agree that there is clearly a problem in and around football matches by a minority of fans. Unfortunately, their actions are tarnishing the majority and bringing our national game into disrepute â?? with the ridiculous spectacle of UEFA fining our nationâ??s football clubs while Scottish footballing bodies look on at the side-lines.

This bill will not criminalise anyone who does not attempt to incite public disorder, football fans can be as unsavoury and offensive as they like to each other â?? as unpleasant as that may be â?? without fear of arrest. Freedom of speech is a right I would defend to the death; however, even I recognise that it is not an unfettered freedom.

Once again thank you for your email and let me reassure you I certainly was not referring to the game you were all clearly in attendance at but having listened once again to my interview I can see how you might have derived that conclusion so therefore let me apologise again if the communication error was indeed on my side, it certainly was not intended.

Kind regards,

Humza

Humza Yousaf MSP

MSP for Glasgow

0131 348 6209

Email: humza.yousaf.msp@scottish.parliament.uk

FB: http://www.facebook.com/humza.yousaf

Twitter: http://twitter.com/HumzaYousaf

This guy is on the justice commitee.

He has since replied again saying he didn't mean Saturdays game.

As we can all see, he definately did mean Saturdays game, and all listeners who wouldn't know otherwise, will still think there are songs of this nature being sung at Ibrox.

Obviously F the SNP is offensive to him, freedom of speech to me. He claims offensive songs sung, then goes on to say he doesn't have a problem with offensive songs. Then why mention it in the first place ya muppet. This idiot sits on the justice committee beggars belief.

As soon as Dr Waiton mentioned The Blue Order why would Hamza not pick up on it ? Hearts nor Celtic have blue in their colours at all... so, being a bright guy and all.... he would have known it was Rangers. Especially as he is a Tim as far as I am aware.

He is being the stereotypical politician. A liar.

It would be so easy and obvious for the Justice Commitee en masse, to get along to Ibrox on a Match day, and see for themselves. But then they might find out what they don't want to know.

I'm sure the MSP knew Stuart Waiton was at Ibrox on Saturday, but does anyone care anymore if there are lies told, as long as the legislation is forced through.