At least Flo scored goals that won us games.

Maybe my memory is tainted as I remember him several times coming on as a sub and doing absolutely nothing of value. He didn't look interested at all.

Recently I seen him at MK Dons in a playoff to get to the Championship. He came on as a late sub when it was 0-0, looked the worst player on the park and when it came to penalties he blasted the last one over the bar to lose the tie.

I really don't remember him doing much after Chelsea including for Rangers but perhaps he did stuff when I wasn't watching...

Maybe my memory is tainted as I remember him several times coming on as a sub and doing absolutely nothing of value. He didn't look interested at all.

Recently I seen him at MK Dons in a playoff to get to the Championship. He came on as a late sub when it was 0-0, looked the worst player on the park and when it came to penalties he blasted the last one over the bar to lose the tie.

I really don't remember him doing much after Chelsea including for Rangers but perhaps he did stuff when I wasn't watching...

Again, at least he scored goals that won us games.

Also, do we care how well an ex player is doing 9 or 10 years after he left us?

Edited by Gazza_8

According to wiki :

Flo scored on his debut in a 5–1 thrashing of Rangers' arch rival Celtic, and hit 18 goals in 30 SPL games. His second season at Rangers was considered his best in Scotland, scoring 22 goals in 42 games, including the opening goal in the 2002 League Cup final win over Ayr United.

18 in 30 and 22 in 42 is a pretty decent return, even for a striker.

According to wiki :

Flo scored on his debut in a 5–1 thrashing of Rangers' arch rival Celtic, and hit 18 goals in 30 SPL games. His second season at Rangers was considered his best in Scotland, scoring 22 goals in 42 games, including the opening goal in the 2002 League Cup final win over Ayr United.

18 in 30 and 22 in 42 is a pretty decent return, even for a striker.

I was only young, I never understood the flak he got.. but I do remember in my local Rangers club a guy saying "we paid £12m for a 6ft3' striker to score goals with his head.. 12 goals so far not 1 header." Apparently that was enough to make him a flop.

This thread comes to haunt us....

I forgot Thompson even played for us, but he was decent at best.

Flo's goal record was good, its just he was a different player to what he done at Chelsea probably due to the SPL style of play. At Chelsea he was very neat and skilful but had more time on the ball there. When signing a 12m player at the time we expected ability like a Laudrup

Because of his price tag, goals were never going to be enough for Flo to be judged a success. He was seen as the guy to really push us on in Europe when he came and it never happened ergo, a waste of money.