John Greig and John McLelland have resigned

This may not satisfy the argument but I've seen the arrangement before where a company has it's main board overseeing an "operating board" comprising what were referred to in an informal sense as "operating directors". Is the issue here one of language rather than the substance which is plain to see .........

Directors of The Rangers Football Club Limited

Whyte

Whithey

Betts

King

(Greig)

(McClelland)

Directors of The Rangers FC Group Limited

Whyte

Ellis

Betts

This may not satisfy the argument but I've seen the arrangement before where a company has it's main board overseeing an "operating board" comprising what were referred to in an informal sense as "operating directors". Is the issue here one of language rather than the substance which is plain to see .........

Directors of The Rangers Football Club Limited

Whyte

Whithey

Betts

King

(Greig)

(McClelland)

Directors of The Rangers FC Group Limited

Whyte

Ellis

Betts

When was Whithey appointed a director of RFC as I can't find any notification regarding it?

RANGERS owner Craig Whyte today denied he had forced club legend John Greig out of Ibrox.

Greig quit as a director, along with former chairman John McClelland on Monday, claiming he had been isolated since Whyte bought the club in May.

The shock development came in a week when the club’s off-field problems have mounted.

The BBC yesterday became the latest media outlet to be banned ahead of tomorrow’s screening of a documentary about Whyte’s buy-out of Sir David Murray’s majority shareholding.

Meanwhile, former finance director Donald McIntrye has also had a further £300,000 of club cash frozen in court.

But Whyte has expressed his shock at Greig’s resignation and insisted he had a good relationship with the man voted by fans as the Greatest Ever Ranger.

And the Motherwell-born businessman, who will meet with the Rangers Supporters Trust today, also vowed to meet all the challenges currently facing Rangers head-on in the coming months.

He said: “I feel as if I am in the eye of a storm at the moment, but will fight through it because I know it will all be worthwhile in the end.

“Stories that I wanted rid of John Greig are just nonsense. We always got on well together and I spoke to him very recently. He did not express any problems or mention anything untoward to me. His resignation took me by absolute surprise.

“I also spoke with John McClelland at the weekend and again there was no indication that he was planning to resign. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised about anything in football anymore but the timing of all this is odd.”

Whyte added: “I could have seen this week far enough, but I know everything will be worthwhile in the end.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/i-didn-t-drive-john-greig-out-1.1130117

Yes, apologies, Gary Withey was appointed as Secretary in May this year.

Yes, he was given Donald McIntyre's job shortly after he was suspended. Five months later McIntyre remained suspended.

(e) The Rangers FC Group is to contribute to the Club the amount required to meet a liability

owed by the Club to HM Revenue & Customs in relation to a discounted option scheme tax;

If it had been paid then HMRC would not have been granted an Arrestment would they? The correct procedure would have been to do as they promised and paid the bill they could still have appealed any penalties but they have reneged on their promise to HMRC.

It wasn't a promise to HMRC though, it was a promise to the vendor and the club was it not? It's interesting to note this part as well:

(h) a breach of any of the undertakings given by The Rangers FC Group in the Agreement will result in the debt acquired being automatically extinguished. The terms on which the debt would be extinguished are to be agreed by the parties at the relevant time.

Btw, since nobody is actually left now from the previous regime at board level other than Dave King, who will actually be making sure that Craig Whyte sticks to his promises to the club and shareholders?

BTW, while we are all pre-occupied with Rangers, is this also the case with Whyte? I mean, sure he has obligations as a chairman, but he (as far as we know) runs quite a number of important businesses, some may be more important at certain stages than Rangers. Just as food for thought.

It wasn't a promise to HMRC though, it was a promise to the vendor and the club was it not? It's interesting to note this part as well:

[/b]

The club itself had already accepted that the "wee tax bill" was due and did not pursue their right of appeal, Whyte knew we had agreed to pay it, but I suppose you could argue due to the wording used is all that he agreed to do was to pay the money to settle the bill to Rangers but not necessarily pass it onward to HMRC!

(h) a breach of any of the undertakings given by The Rangers FC Group in the Agreement will result in the debt acquired being automatically extinguished. The terms on which the debt would be extinguished are to be agreed by the parties at the relevant time.

Aye, that's a clause and a half that would keep the lawyers in the clover for a very long time.