Rangers withdraw co-operation with the BBC

Probably, just never heard of the term 'muckraking'.

I saw someone post on Facebook about being disappointed with the statement, saying it lacked dignity and class. Others seem to love the 'fightback' and support the whole thing.

I personally think it's getting very messy and I don't know if I agree with the club that the BBC is biased against Rangers at all.

I was of the same kind of opinion Danny until I dug about and noticed the glaring impartiality in the frequency and content of BBC Scotland "reporting". There is no doubt that Rangers have been news for months and of course the BBC have a right if not an obligation to report on developments at the club however, the issue as far as I'm concerned is the way things have been reported.

Any sectarian offence carried out by a Rangers fan is main headline news but in very similar cases with Celtic fans it hasn't gotten past a few lines and a piece buried deep within the regional news, on the day rangers won the League at Hibs the main story on the website was about Craig Levein's team selection for Scotland., the letter bomb story was reported live on TV by a BBC Scotland journo standing outside Ibrox!

There seems to be a hardcore of pro-Celtic reporters in BBC Scotland (Chris McLaughlan etc) who are determined to supress anything negative about Celtic and their fans and at the same time highlight all things negative about Rangers.

Or...I could just be paranoid.

By now the probability of administration is surely so high as to be virtually a certainty. Is Panorama simply conducting a 'told you so' exercise or are they trying to reach beyond administration to undermine our position going forward?

By now the probability of administration is surely so high as to be virtually a certainty. Is Panorama simply conducting a 'told you so' exercise or are they trying to reach beyond administration to undermine our position going forward?

Bit of both I think. Probably just lifted some posts of the Yahoo forums filled it out a bit and Bobs your uncle.

Has there actually been any real facts about this "imminent" administration? Unless I am mistaken, people are just reading a lot of things into some of the current events, some of which do indeed make our financial doings look bad, while others have next to nothing to do with it. There's been a negative undertone in nigh "anything Whyte" and this has us all essentially on the edge.

The only one real danger that is looming is this big HMRC thing, which would essentially break nigh any British team's financial resolve. If it goes against us, administration is probably on the agenda, unless Mr. King shows up again or we can divert it onto Murray - one way or another. But IMHO, people have been playing with that "IF" far too much and thus created an atmosphere where anything that springs up is almost solely viewed in negative lights.

Has there actually been any real facts about this "imminent" administration? Unless I am mistaken, people are just reading a lot of things into some of the current events, some of which do indeed make our financial doings look bad, while others have next to nothing to do with it. There's been a negative undertone in nigh "anything Whyte" and this has us all essentially on the edge.

The only one real danger that is looming is this big HMRC thing, which would essentially break nigh any British team's financial resolve. If it goes against us, administration is probably on the agenda, unless Mr. King shows up again or we can divert it onto Murray - one way or another. But IMHO, people have been playing with that "IF" far too much and thus created an atmosphere where anything that springs up is almost solely viewed in negative lights.

It seems to be becoming increasingly apparent that Administration could arrive before the decision of the FTT is delivered, the "big tax case" can be spun out for a long time yet but can Rangers cash last the year without any apparent line of credit?

It seems to be becoming increasingly apparent that Administration could arrive before the decision of the FTT is delivered, the "big tax case" can be spun out for a long time yet but can Rangers cash last the year without any apparent line of credit?

Obviously, such a "cash" problem may see us ending up in administration, but, just out of interest, would this actually help us with the HMRC case? What would be the worth of going into administration if we come out of it and face HMRC again?

On a sidenote, why does it take so long to clear the first HMRC case and deal with Bain and McIntyre?