Protest against BBC Scotland - Saturday 5th November

The guys at Vanguard Bears are organising a peaceful protest against BBC Scotland on the afternoon of Saturday 5th of November from 12.30-2.30pm (before our home game against Dundee Utd).

I appreciate not everyone will agree with such strong action and understand some may not even feel the BBC have done anything wrong. That is fine - we welcome all opinions here.

Personally, I'm strongly of the opinion that the media per se are not anti-Rangers but simply incompetent vultures looking for the next story which they can exaggerate to make money.

However, I also feel that does not apply to BBC Scotland - as the following valid questions from the last 6-12months point out:

Why are 'neutral' sectarianism stories presented outside Ibrox?

Why are stories about 'letter bombs sent to the Celtic manager' presented outside Ibrox?

Why was our manager made to look like a fool with regard to sectarianism?

Why, in the same report, do the organisation show our fans singing sectarian songs while showing Celtic fans carrying anti-racism banners?

Why do the organisation choose to cover some sectarianism stories and not others?

Why do they have 'karaoke' lyrics for offensive RFC songs and not others?

Why are radio/TV debates not presented properly and in a balanced fashion (see Graham Spiers radio documentary)?

Why does Stuart Cosgrove suggest problems of bias?

Why have Rangers had three examples of editorial problems this season alone?

To that end, I'll be protesting in two weeks time. I hope hope you can join us.

:)

I will attend too.

I have become increasingly convinced these last several years that there is a grouping of Producers and Editors at BBC Scotland determined to portray our club and support in the most negative light at every opportunity. The Panorama piece is not the reason I will be participating, it's the constant attacks over all aspects; news ... sports .... current affairs .... light entertainment ..... etc ....

I can highlight this be mentioning our Champions League trip to Barcelona a few seasons back. Twenty-five thousand Bears travel, it's the single biggest travelling support for a CL group match. There is NOT a single arrest. Scott McMenemy(Mince) from Sellik Minded lives in Barca, he is upset the Bears do not misbehave. He contacts a local Catalan politician, gets a statement reference the extent of litter in the Place de Catalunya, contacts his mate and BBC Scotland Producer, Martin Connachan ............... it becomes a topic of conversation on Tom Morton's afternoon music show ie terrible Rangers supporters blighting the beauty of Barca .......... becomes second lead on BBC Scotland's news.

I ask, what is BBC Scotland's motivation?

When Celtic were in Seville there was never any mention of arrests. Someone gave me a link about a year ago to a page that showed there was something like 34 arrests in Seville for 70,000 fans & that there was 49 arrests in Manchester for 150,000+ fans.

The producer of 'Taxi for Cowan' was drinking in the pub I used to drink in, he even had Cowan tagging along with him.

This producer was saying that he was a Hearts supporter, but after a few dirnks then admitted to being a septic supporter!!! He wasn't talking to me, just some of the folk I was in the company of.

I aslo think the BBC isn't necassarily biased in it's policies, but it will defend it's employees to the hilt as they are responsible for broadcasting their pish. I think septic get some neagtive stories, but it's nowhere near the amount Rangers are currently recieving. Maybe all our finacial troubles attrach this attention, but I'd say it's been creeping in for some years. Possibily due to the increased influx and allegence of their current employees.

It would be inconceivable to not see it as a factor.

I'm not against protesting against them, but I do think a well-organised large scale protest against BBC Scotland would be safer to conduct at Ibrox, would ensure a larger number of participants and reduce the chances of bheast infiltration.

Edited by Zappa

I will be there, best idea in ages. Any good ideas for a placard, something along the lines of.....

Viewers against BBC anti-Rangers agenda

BBC= Bigotry Becoming Commonplace

BBC has no ethics when it's Rangers news

Bigots Behind Cameras