Rangers boss Ally McCoist praises owner Craig Whyte

Rangers manager Ally McCoist insists he is content with his working relationship with Craig Whyte.

Club owner Whyte has said he will take legal action over a BBC Scotland documentary which carried allegations of criminality in his past dealings.

And McCoist said: "He's been great, absolutely smashing. I spoke to him this morning as I always do.

"We are both in total agreement that the most important thing that we have to focus on is Sunday's game."

Scottish Premier League leaders Rangers visit Hearts with a seven-point advantage over second-placed Motherwell.

Continue reading the main story

Our players to a man have remained wonderfully focused and they are still focused

Ally McCoist

The documentary heard from a government agency that Whyte controlled a company despite being banned as a director.

Prior to the programme's broadcast on Thursday evening, Rangers withdrew all co-operation with the BBC.

Meanwhile, the BBC strongly rejects claims of bias against the Ibrox club and insists the content of Rangers: The Inside Story was accurate and in the public interest.

But McCoist refused to discuss the matter and is sure his players will not be affected by any off-field issues, with Rangers also involved in two separate disputes with HM Revenue and Customs, as well as a legal battle with former directors Martin Bain and Donald McIntyre.

"I will not comment on any television programmes," he added.

"You can only influence things that you can influence and we can't have an influence on other things.

"The boys have been doing particularly well in the league and it's pleasing. Hopefully that will continue.

"My players are really focused and everybody should know that.

"Over the last four or five years there has been ups and downs as there are at any club.

"Our players to a man have remained wonderfully focused and they are still focused.

"We will continue to be a solid team with a great spirit."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15407927.stm