KYLE LAFFERTY has told Rangers boss Ally McCoist: I'm yours to keep.

McCoist made it clear last week he is anxious to secure the striker on an extended contract.

Lafferty is keen to stay and he said: "I saw what the manager said about me staying here and it means a lot. He's shown a lot of faith in me since taking over from Walter Smith and I'm doing everything I can to repay him.

"There haven't been any talks over a new contract, but hopefully there will be soon and we can sort something out quickly.

"I don't see why I can't finish my career here. It would be brilliant to play long enough for Rangers to get a testimonial."

Lafferty praised McCoist, No2 Kenny McDowall and coach Ian Durrant for the way they have followed legend Smith, who left Gers last summer.

He said: "Ally, Kenny and Ian have been fantastic. It's a happy place to be and all of the boys are desperate to do well for them.

"Our team spirit is brilliant."

Despite the financial uncertainty over Gers owner Craig Whyte, it's clear McCoist is anxious to seal a new deal for a player who is a key figure in his plans.

Lafferty, who has four goals this term and hit 16 last season, added: "Things couldn't be going better for me.

"I'm playing where I want to for Rangers, scoring goals and playing regularly.

"It's brilliant playing alongside the likes of Nikica Jelavic and Stevie Naismith in attack. It's all I've ever wanted in football.

"I've won three league titles and now we're pushing strongly for a fourth.

"I've supported this club since I was a boy. I'm living the dream."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3899118/Lafferty-Deal-me-in-Rangers.html#ixzz1c3vC9Q3J

He's shown, since last year's split, why I always had so much faith in him. Finally in a settled position and showing himself to be worth the cash we paid.

He will never be a fan favourite - there's something awkward, gangly, and unkempt about him - and he's been an idiot in the past, but his contribution since about April has been unquestionable and he's been one of our most important players in that time.

I was at McCoists, but I can't remember Durrant's.

Ally kicked the game off, even though he was wearing a stookie and crutches. What a sight, and I'm sure he was embarressed at hobbling onto the pitch to KO then hobble off.

ALLY McCOIST kicked off his contract talks with Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty on the bus to Aberdeen last night.

The Gers boss said last week he was anxious to tie up the £3.25million hitman on an extended deal.

And Laff responded by telling SunSport he was ready to pledge the rest of his career to his boyhood heroes.

His contract is up in 2013 and McCoist wants to add at least another two years to that agreement.

But the 24-year-old, who signed from Burnley back in 2008, would happily sign for life.

Lafferty's agent Gerry Carlile has had a preliminary chat with Ibrox owner Craig Whyte.

The Northern Ireland hitman, who has bagged four goals this term, will team up again with Nikica Jelavic and Steven Naismith in attack at Pittodrie at lunchtime today.

Yesterday McCoist said: "I know Craig spoke to Kyle's agent yesterday and I haven't had the chance to speak to Craig or Kyle today.

"I'll maybe have a chat with Kyle on the bus and I know I'll speak to Craig later today.

"Hopefully there won't be too many problems."

McCoist has been delighted with Lafferty's form — but insists the player still has a lot of hard work ahead of him.

He said: "There is still big room for improvement and we would look for more consistency.

"Kyle has done absolutely fine.

"But we are aware that he can do more and Kyle is aware that he can do more.

"Hopefully he CAN do more here.

"There has definitely been progress, I don't think there is any doubt about that.

"It's our job to continue that progress.

"I think Kyle himself would tell you he's far away from the finished article.

"The coaches and Kyle himself need to keep working in that direction for him to continue the improvement."

McCoist, meanwhile, is also keen to keep fringe defender Jordan McMillan, who is interesting Crystal Palace and Burnley.

He said: "We have offered Jordan an extension to his contract.

"As yet, Jordan's representatives haven't got back so I haven't heard.

"But I would imagine we would hear in the very near future."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3901816/The-deals-on-the-bus-for-Lafferty.html#ixzz1c7YkK9Tk