Are our fans right to challenge BBC Scotland?

So pro Celtic that this week the stories they've run with have been negative - including Lennon claiming he hasn't fallen out with his players.

I still say they're anti and pro everyone - whatever gets hits. Same with most media outlets. Sure, individuals within these organisations will have bias, that's natural. But I don't buy the institutional bias stuff people come out with.

Back in the 90s we gave Celtic fans a nickname; 'paranoid tim'.

Looks like it's come full circle now.

OK, since you think those who are protesting (and the club) are paranoid, perhaps you can answer the questions in the opening post?

So pro Celtic that this week the stories they've run with have been negative - including Lennon claiming he hasn't fallen out with his players.

I still say they're anti and pro everyone - whatever gets hits. Same with most media outlets. Sure, individuals within these organisations will have bias, that's natural. But I don't buy the institutional bias stuff people come out with.

Back in the 90s we gave Celtic fans a nickname; 'paranoid tim'.

Looks like it's come full circle now.

If you think Rangers fans are being paranoid in the same way as Celtic fans have been for 50 years (and still are) then you are well wide of the mark here Danny. Is Craig Whyte being paranoid? Was McCoist paranoid when he was edited to make it look like he was laughing

at sectarian violence?

Certain pro-Celtic BBC employees have used their positions to paint Rangers in a bad light, that's as far as I think it goes. A hugely different scenario to the scatter gun "everybody's against us" psychosis from them

There's a big difference between everyday negative coverage (which every club does suffer from) and coverage that is deliberately slewed to alter opinions via clever editing techniques or production decisions. The problems our fans (and club) have are not the former but most definitely the latter. Several examples are given of those and I also refrained from mentioning the more petty stuff (such as image HTML descriptions).

I thought I made this point clear in the post so can only assume those that want to label their fellow fans as paranoid either haven't read the initial post properly or are being deliberately obtuse.

I have spent the last two weeks in Spain. I watched BBC Newsnict on Wednesday night where the discussion being chaired by Gordon Brewer was the extent of the historical hatred between the SNP and the Labour party. The political contributor was former Labour party spin doctor, Gerry Hassan. He is a regular contributor across BBC Scotland's broadcast output.

Anyways, Gerry is anxious to articulate a point that the SNP hate the Labour party more than vice-versa. He illustrates this point by twice stating, "it's like this, we know Rangers supporters hate Celtic fans more than vice-versa, the arrest and conviction figures prove it". As stated, he said this twice in a minute of conversation with Brewer, and St Modan's educated Gordon did his objective best by absolutely NOT challenging the statement.

It appeared clumsy and badly rehearsed. Further, it was completely inappropriate to the topic.

There's a big difference between everyday negative coverage (which every club does suffer from) and coverage that is deliberately slewed to alter opinions via clever editing techniques or production decisions. The problems our fans (and club) have are not the former but most definitely the latter. Several examples are given of those and I also refrained from mentioning the more petty stuff (such as image HTML descriptions).

I thought I made this point clear in the post so can only assume those that want to label their fellow fans as paranoid either haven't read the initial post properly or are being deliberately obtuse.

I read your post and disagreed with much of it, but I didn't see much point debating it with you given you're headstrong in your view and intend to protest.

You have your view, I have mine, and it's best we leave it at that really.

I read your post and disagreed with much of it, but I didn't see much point debating it with you given you're headstrong in your view and intend to protest.

You have your view, I have mine, and it's best we leave it at that really.

Erm, I think most people are headstrong in their views and that's why forums such as these are so popular because we can debate between ourselves reasonably politely - irrespective of the fact we may not change our opinion.

I don't think the club is paranoid, when did I say that?

I'm struggling to understand your reasoning here:

Rangers have banned the BBC for the negative coverage you scoff at. They're not paranoid.

Our fans are protesting because of said coverage. They are paranoid.

A rather strange way to look at the issue and while I certainly understand why not everyone would agree with the protest (or share our view of the BBC); it always surprises me such people are so eager to demean their own support when they have quite clearly given substantiated and extremely valid reasons for their opinions.

Especially, when they cannot answer the questions in the opening post or offer examples of similar coverage for other teams.

I think it’s great what the VB and Rangers fans in general are doing. I would go along if i was in the UK.

But i don’t think it will make one bit of difference to the way the BBC reports on us, part of me even thinks they will go at Rangers even more after the protest and the fact the club have banned them.

But, it’s better to make our views known rather than sit and do nothing.

So good luck tomorrow and stay safe as the cops will be ready to lift anyone very quickly which will in turn cause an incident as others will get vocal about it. The BBC will be dying for that to happen.