Are our fans right to challenge BBC Scotland?

I'm struggling to understand your reasoning here:

Rangers have banned the BBC for the negative coverage you scoff at. They're not paranoid.

Our fans are protesting because of said coverage. They are paranoid.

A rather strange way to look at the issue and while I certainly understand why not everyone would agree with the protest (or share our view of the BBC); it always surprises me such people are so eager to demean their own support when they have quite clearly given substantiated and extremely valid reasons for their opinions.

Especially, when they cannot answer the questions in the opening post or offer examples of similar coverage for other teams.

I did, and got dismissed.

I also noticed you (and most others) didn't make any comment on my Scotland Tonight comment where they portrayed Celtic as a joke club and metaphorically laughed at Lennon.

Basically, my view on this doesn't appear to fit in with the flow, so gets ignored.

And with that, I'll depart. Good luck with your protest.

Will the BBC be doing live radio coverage of tomorrows game?

Their deal is with the SPL afaik - the club just won't do any interviews etc. But by contract they have to let the BBC in to commentate.

I may be wrong.

I also noticed you (and most others) didn't make any comment on my Scotland Tonight comment where they portrayed Celtic as a joke club and metaphorically laughed at Lennon.

There's a big difference between a couple of TV presenters have a laugh at Celtic and what some of the people at BBC Scotland have been doing to Rangers and Rangers fans. One is understandable and arguably funny, while the other is sinister and decidedly underhand.

Basically, my view on this doesn't appear to fit in with the flow, so gets ignored.

And with that, I'll depart. Good luck with your protest.

Most of the stuff I've said here has been ignored too. No big deal and no reason to get tetchy. As with any discussion, we give our opinions, speak our minds etc, but none of us can ever expect or demand a response or reaction.

Most of the stuff I've said here has been ignored too. No big deal and no reason to get tetchy. As with any discussion, we give our opinions, speak our minds etc, but none of us can ever expect or demand a response or reaction.

I agree. But then making out I never said it in the first place is something different.

Their deal is with the SPL afaik - the club just won't do any interviews etc. But by contract they have to let the BBC in to commentate.

I may be wrong.

Richard Gordon confirming this almost word for word.

Yeah, BBC have a contract with the SPL and all SPL clubs must allow the BBC 'access' to SPL matches. I suspect the same will apply with the SFA if things are not resolved when the Scottish Cup starts.

That access doesn't give the BBC any right to interview players or mangement staff, the way I understand it?

Similar to Alex Ferguson's ban on the BBC but he sent his assistant for post match interviews until recently. If we banned BBC out right it would be a breach of contract we are not, but we are not allowing them any press coverage, interviews etc.

Rangers fans hold demonstration outside BBC in Glasgow

Around 200 people gather to protest against what they claim is biased reporting of the football club.

05 November 2011 15:00 GMT

Rangers fans hold demonstration outside BBC in Glasgow

Protest: The demonstration took place on Saturday afternoon. Pic: © STV

Around 200 of Rangers fans gathered outside the BBC in Glasgow on Saturday to demonstrate against what they claim is biased reporting of the club.

The protest, organised by the Vanguard Bears supporters' group, saw fans gather outside the corporation's head quarters at Pacific Quay and hand in a signed letter of complaint over alleged unfair coverage, including a documentary aired last month about owner Craig Whyte.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/277833-rangers-fans-hold-demonstration-outside-bbc-in-glasgow/