Are our fans right to challenge BBC Scotland?

Modus operandi

It seems (to me and plenty of others - including the club) that BBC Scotland feature Rangers more negatively than others when it comes to certain issues - most specifically sectarianism.

Given they are supposed to present a neutral picture of such issues that is surely worth highlighting?

The negative reports on Us are both subtle and consistent.

To me it is presented in a certain style as if it is the handywork of the same individual(s).

Excellent article Frankie!

I've got to admit that I have extremely mixed feelings about protesting at Pacific Quay.

When the Vanguard guys set up their previous protests I specifically warned that I thought taking such action could actually have a negative effect by provoking certain people within the corridors of power at BBC Scotland into intensifying their anti-Rangers agenda.

It's no doubt a complete coincidence in line with both Craig Whyte taking the club over and the SNPs campaign for new legislation on sectarianism , but these people at BBC Scotland do indeed seem to have intensified their campaign against our club and the fans.

The major dilemma for me again is whether or not it's within the realms of possibility that calling these people into question via a public protest could have the opposite effect from what we want. It's certainly clear that enemies of Rangers hold some powerful positions within BBC Scotland and I wonder if threatening their jobs is a dangerous tactic.

These are the people who have clearly been working on an agenda to villainize Rangers and Rangers fans for many years, but ultimately BBC Scotland aren't going to just fire all of their Celtic supporters are they? No, the best that could be hoped for is a big chief with an anti-Rangers agenda being sacked, but even if that could be achieved I think we all know that it wouldn't be very long before another Celtic fan was in a similar position of power at Pacific Quay. There's certainly plenty of them over there who could be promoted. And so it would continue....

I think you raise the points that most of us think about surrounding this protest. Although I don't see it as having the desired effect, I certainly don't think it should remain unchallenged.

Of course, the other side of the dilemma is what happens if these enemies of Rangers at BBC Scotland go unchallenged...

Either way, I honestly don't believe they can be stopped as such and something I know for a fact is that the BBC never EVER admit to bias agendas within the org', even when it's clear as day that they exist. BBC HQ have been called out on bias reporting many many a time down south and they always weasel out of it. Ever seen any of the televised interviews with Francesca Unsworth regarding biased reporting and agendas within the BBC? That woman epitomizes how they weasel their way out of allegations.

Well they had to apologize for the selected editing of McCiost's press conference, surely if there's enough apoligies, the veiwers wathcdog has to have something to say. But it's true to an extent, most professional folk back each other up, which why they can wriggle out of anything with such weak arguements.

Well they had to apologize for the selected editing of McCiost's press conference, surely if there's enough apoligies, the veiwers wathcdog has to have something to say. But it's true to an extent, most professional folk back each other up, which why they can wriggle out of anything with such weak arguements.

It wasn't a real apology IMO though and they also completely denied any biased reporting or editing by claiming it was all a mistake.

I wasn't happy with the apology either, but it has to go down as mistake made, if not a total cave-in from the conspirtors in the BBC.

A black mark at least!

I wasn't happy with the apology either, but it has to go down as mistake made, if not a total cave-in from the conspirtors in the BBC.

A black mark at least!

Not that much of a black mark in the grand scheme of things at the BBC. According to weasels like Francesca Unsworth they make important mistakes on a regular basis, but are never deliberately biased or following a particular political agenda. Deny, deflect and bare-faced lie is their damage-limitation tactic.

If nothing else, the court case and the protest flag that there is some kind of problem to those high up in the BBC, and even if they are Celtic fans, it will still put pressure on them to look at those who are bringing this kind of attention to the corporation. If the reports are seen as completely innocent then not much will happen, but with the admission and apology for the McCoist interview, they have form that can't be dismissed.

Like I said, even if the top brass are Celtic minded, those in London won't be and it will be unwanted attention on those higher up and pressure to do "something".

Funnily enough they are appearing to "retaliate" with the latest court case being prominent on Reporting Scotland. While the story may be true, it hardly merited much of an airing and the usual Ibrox footage for negative stories was brought out.

But for me, the more "reasonable" "fuss we make, the more pressure and scrutiny certain people will be under. The main thing is to keep it all as squeaky clean as possible. We want to look like reasonable viewers with a genuine complaint, not a bunch of partisans who object to anything negative to our club being aired.