Rory Fallon 's red card downgraded on appeal

Aberdeen forward has the severity of his punishment reduced but still faces a ban.

Aberdeen striker Rory Fallon has had the red card he was shown for violent conduct downgraded on appeal.

Fallon was sent off by referee Willie Collum in the dying seconds of Aberdeen's 2-1 defeat to Rangers for an apparent elbow on Dorin Goian. However, after appealing the decision, Fallon was informed that the Scottish Football Association Judicial Panel had reduced the punishment to a yellow card.

Since Fallon had already been cautioned earlier in the match he will serve a one-match suspension. However, had the straight red stood, the forward would have missed two matches.

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown had protested Fallon's innocence and claimed that he had the backing of Rangers counterpart Ally McCoist who was happy to give evidence in Fallon's defence.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/277562-rory-fallon-s-red-card-downgraded-on-appeal/

What do you mean there, exactly? The Naismith incident and this one are completely seperate events.

Anyway, what I read about Aberdeen's player said that Naismith should have been sent off, and maybe that would have been a blessing in disguise after what happened when Naismith stayed on.

But I think it's right decision, based on the replay.

I'm aware they are seperate incidents. When one of our players has gone off with a severe injury its not necessary for one of their's to go gobbing off about what should have happened. It's up to the ref to make a decision in any case. So when they're mouthing off I don't see why we need to help them?

I don't think I'm helping anyone, or supporting what anyone has had something to say. I was merely commenting on the decision to rescind the red to a yellow. It was a foul and a bad challenge, but not a red card offense, imo.

Anyway, you've got your ideas, and I have mine, and never the twain shall meet, it would seem.

I don't think I'm helping anyone, or supporting what anyone has had something to say. I was merely commenting on the decision to rescind the red to a yellow. It was a foul and a bad challenge, but not a red card offense, imo.

Anyway, you've got your ideas, and I have mine, and never the twain shall meet, it would seem.

Ahh, you've picked me up wrong because I was a bit too economical with my words (or lazy :D). I was saying that McCoist shouldn't have supported their appeal when they're gobbing off about Naisy (though perhaps he had already given his support before Milson was in the media).

Fair enough, but I've enough faith in Ally to make his own mind up. Remember he said Mulgrew, was it, was unlucky to be sent off against us, which seemed to be transformed into Ally's support for being against the sending off. As you say, words can easily be manipulated, thus causing even more confusion in the game, and the current debates about how rubbish our officials are these days.

Ally seems to be taking the tact of being 100%, totally honest. That probably leaves him open to all sorts of speculation, and that seems to be the lifeblood of the game.

I tend to read between the lines and manipulate words in favour of what I think. lol

I think it's up to Ally to use his principles to decide what he does. It seems to me he did the right thing and has continued the tradition of our managers having a bit of class and integrity and totally opposite to those of another team I could mention.

The Aberdeen player (I forget who) only showed himself up and McCoist's actions showed him up further. I doubt Brown will feel comfortable about the actions of one of his players in the circumstances. Must be a bit cringe-worthy for him. I'm not a great fan of CB but he does seem like a decent bloke.