Time to turn the screw

This weekend is MASSIVE. With us having Utd on Saturday we can find ourselves 15 points clear of them as they have a very tricky tie at Fir Park. Septic are their own worst enemy at the moment. They rarely keep a clean sheet and with Fir park being a hard venue for them in recent years, this could yet be a defining moment in the title race.

It's hugely important that we take maximum points on Saturday and put real pressure on our tail backs. The injury to Naisy is a huge blow for us but we have players to compensate and need to take full advantage of the situation.

On the flip side this could be a real chance for John Fleck to live up to the hype he has so far failed to deliver, being it by lack of form, injury or lack of opportunity. Ally also can make Davis a bit more advanced which could be a tasty option leaving Edu and Jig to add steel and protection in the centre of the park. Also could open the door for Mackay to come in. Having seen a fair bit of him in my time in Australia i know the lad has real ability. He's somewhat of a late developer but has talent and skill and gives us a good option.

One thing is for sure, we can't rely on Timmy's slip ups. We have to concentrate on ourselves and make sure we don't drop any more points at home.

Time to turn the screw as they say...

WATP:robbo:

Actually, if we fail to gain three points against the Tangerines, the fact that either Motherwell or them will take points of one another suits us very well. In the best case scenario, we get a win and they draw. For the next two matchdays, both Motherwell and them have difficult ties, we do not.

Actually, if we fail to gain three points against the Tangerines, the fact that either Motherwell or them will take points of one another suits us very well. In the best case scenario, we get a win and they draw. For the next two matchdays, both Motherwell and them have difficult ties, we do not.

I think you are being very disrespectful of Dundee Utd. They have, in recent years, been one of our toughest opponents at Ibrox - regardless of their current form they wont be a pushover for us.

I agree with Craig to an extent because our game against Dundee Utd after the split last season almost cost us the title. They might not be the same team, but it doesn't mean they aren't dangerous.

You got me wrong here. I was giving the Tangerines all the required respect in saying that they may well pick points from us, BUT it will not hurt that much, as Motherwell and them will also lose points, as they play against one another. But after this weekend (sic!) we have the "easier" ties ahead for a while:

Saturday, 19 November 2011

Inverness CT v Celtic, 12:30

Dundee Utd v Hearts, 15:00

Rangers v St Johnstone, 15:00

Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Celtic v Dunfermline, 19:45

Saturday, 26 November 2011

Celtic v St Mirren, 15:00

Motherwell v Dundee Utd, 15:00

Sunday, 27 November 2011

Kilmarnock v Rangers, 12:45

Friday, 2 December 2011

Motherwell v Hibernian, 19:45

Saturday, 3 December 2011

Rangers v Dunfermline, 15:00

Sunday, 4 December 2011

Dundee Utd v Celtic, 12:45

If we will be as professional as we have been, these weeks will have a greater impact than tomorrow's home tie against United, IMHO.

I wouldn't say Killie on the 27th is a walk in the park, but our away form is much better than our home, so I'd expect to win that one.

It's Saturdays game with D Utd that is the important one. We really need to step up our home form and thrash these Dundee tims. They seem to think they're all right now, because they beat the Pars, but isn't everyone beating them.

I'm depending on our defence being up to the job, I just hope Lafferty has a good one and scores his usual goal against them.

The run in to the end of 2011 looks on paper at least pretty straightforward but we have to be at our best every week to capitalise on it. If we can keep picking up the 3 points until the Old Firm game I'm hoping that won't be a must win for us. I can't see Celtic keeping a clean sheet in any game and that will cost them points whether it's draws or defeats.